News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 02, 2013, 05:34:28 PM
Everything ok with you medically?

As far as I know.  I don't have any of the physical symptoms of the brain fluke thing (headache, vision problems, etc), so I'm pretty sure that's not it.

I think it's just either that I'm stressed beyond the level that can be managed with PEELZ HERE (and therefore will do something stupid at high speeds very soon), or that Tucson's doing it's thing, know what I mean?  Or both.  Who knows?  All I know is that I can't get any air into my lungs.

But it's QUIET, and I'm going to enjoy that while I can.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Might be some kind of instinctive thing (bear with me, not talking woo - more like the sum total of stuff observed that didn't necessarily register consciously). Things feel quiet before shit happens.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 02, 2013, 05:41:28 PM
Might be some kind of instinctive thing (bear with me, not talking woo - more like the sum total of stuff observed that didn't necessarily register consciously). Things feel quiet before shit happens.

Well, that's kind of what I was thinking.  I have a shit-ton of stress on my shoulders right now, and so I'm probably not consciously noticing things...But it's there, maybe, and there's some monkey in my head screeching warnings at me.

And it's not quiet, here.  It never is. 

But it IS QUIET.

And sometimes, that's enough.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Fucking ominous. Sounds like it might be big, too.
Pack, reasonable precautions, etc. */obvious*

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 02, 2013, 07:10:16 PM

Yeah.  The only times I've known when it was this QUIET was when people were flinging bullets and shells all over the fucking place.  I got a lot of thinking done then, too.  Mostly, I thought things like "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK" and "WHY DID I ENLIST?" and "THIS ISN'T LIKE THE MOVIES AT ALL" and maybe "I AM BECOME ONE WITH THIS PARTICULAR SHALLOW DIP IN THE GROUND.  OBSERVE HOW I TURN INTO TERRAIN UNTIL THIS SHIT ENDS.  KTHXBAI."

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on January 02, 2013, 09:30:38 AM
I am still waiting on one. last. grade. FFS. it's been almost two weeks.

I wonder what would happen if you paid your tuition 2 weeks late?  :lol:

I am thinking the university would have a slightly different standard.
I wish! :lol: They'd drop all my classes, unfortunately. I also get enough financial aid to cover my fees and shit 100%, so I have no control over when they get paid.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Yeah, that sounds ominous, Roger. D: If you're enjoying it, okay, but still.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Playing the Drell vanguard requires skill, precision, and no small amount of luck.  You take one of the physically weakest characters in the game, and have him charge head-first into the enemy, and it's surprising you don't get chunked, burned, shot, stamped on repeatedly, hit in the face with an elbow, grabbed and then crushed in giant metallic beaks or have an arm shoved directly through your stomach and spine more often.

The only thing more foolhardy than playing as a Drell vanguard is playing one while drunk.  And I just happen to have a very nice bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year old single malt here.

Can we do it?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 02, 2013, 07:20:42 PM
Yeah, that sounds ominous, Roger. D: If you're enjoying it, okay, but still.

Yeah, well, may as well, right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I'm gonna retract what few things I said when Nigel took off.

She's just taking it to the wall.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 07:13:54 PM

Yeah.  The only times I've known when it was this QUIET was when people were flinging bullets and shells all over the fucking place.  I got a lot of thinking done then, too.  Mostly, I thought things like "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK" and "WHY DID I ENLIST?" and "THIS ISN'T LIKE THE MOVIES AT ALL" and maybe "I AM BECOME ONE WITH THIS PARTICULAR SHALLOW DIP IN THE GROUND.  OBSERVE HOW I TURN INTO TERRAIN UNTIL THIS SHIT ENDS.  KTHXBAI."

Coming from the Mad Prophet, I'm getting antsy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 07:47:46 PM
Also, I'm gonna retract what few things I said when Nigel took off.

She's just taking it to the wall.

Nigel is Nigel. Twas ever thus.  8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 02, 2013, 07:48:06 PM

Actually, I'm reasonably certain that it's just a stress thing.  I've been operating at the edge of "crush depth" for a while now.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

Actually, I'm reasonably certain that it's just a stress thing.  I've been operating at the edge of "crush depth" for a while now.

Precautions anyway.

People sometimes regret brushing shit like that off.  :x

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 02, 2013, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

Precautions anyway.

People sometimes regret brushing shit like that off.  :x

I'm like Cassandra, only without boobs.

Even *I* don't listen to my prophecies.