News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Damn, that one is pretty reliable too.  We could do this guessing game all afternoon, but you'd probably get bored and annoyed by it.  Probably just best to wait.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2013, 05:48:05 PM
Exactly.  Brute-forcing population growth will solve all society's ills.  And the best bit?  There are no downsides.  None of what them fancy economists call "negative externalities".  It's morale, it's sane, it safeguards America's borders and the strength of the economy.

BREED.

It's not like it's ever been tried anywhere else with disastrous results that we could learn from, like, I don't know, Romania.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
Damn, that one is pretty reliable too.  We could do this guessing game all afternoon, but you'd probably get bored and annoyed by it.  Probably just best to wait.

Yeah, that's probably the best option.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I found a workaround by posting the image to Google+, and then linking from there.

LMNO
-Sisyphusian fixes.

Cain

OK.  Well, let's assume I don't use Google+, despite having a Gmail account.  How do I do that?

LMNO

I think that requires a sacrifice to Papa Legba.

The Good Reverend Roger

I just got my boss to cancel a "team-building exercise".

Just by grinning when he told me about it.

TGRR,
Puzzled.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2013, 06:42:30 PM

TGRR,
Puzzled.

He's just trying to take away your FUN!  You should ask him to reconsider.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 11, 2013, 07:11:01 PM

TGRR,
Puzzled.

He's just trying to take away your FUN!  You should ask him to reconsider.

On it.  BRB.

The Good Reverend Roger

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S DEAD.  YOU KILLED IT.  JUST GET OUT OF MY OFFICE AND DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO WHEN NOBODY'S LOOKING."

:lulz::hammer: :lulz:

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
Weekend operation is gonna be fun.  Everyone has to use the vanilla human characters that come unlocked with the start of the game.

I suspect a lot of people got the game for Xmas, and so haven't unlocked much, hence an easy operation for all.  Myself, I'm taking the human infiltrator out for a spin.  Valiant sniper rifle, Locust SMG for close quarter headshots, Guerrilla Upgrade V.  I am gonna wreck shit.  Prepare to be amazed, noobs.

In fact, I think I'm going to spend all weekend with the vanilla characters, even once I get my commendation pack.  Sure, they ain't got the fancy bells and whistles of the new characters, but that just makes it more challenging.  Shit, maybe I'll even dig out the common and uncommon weapons.  I have a weak spot for the Mantis, despite being the original one-shot sniper rifle.

Valiant IV acquired.  I am pleased with this outcome, though I would have liked an upgrade to the Hurricane as well.

Also 20+ headshots, 75+ kills and 75+ sniper rifle kills in each match.  I am liking this gun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

TGRR,
Puzzled.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

That sends me off to work on a bright note!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I am starting to become addicted to sniping.  This is unsurprising, given my personality type, but there is something highly satisfying about killing an enemy who doesn't even know the fight is already over, the moment I got them in my sights.

Not to mention shooting heads so hard they explode.  That is very gratifying too.