The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I guess that's it for the week.

See you spags on Monday, I suppose.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

It appears actual winter has set in. It's finally dropping below freezing and hitting the mid to upper 40s during the day. Ew.

Also, :noodledance: I can apply for graduation starting the 17th!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2013, 07:16:24 PM
"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S DEAD.  YOU KILLED IT.  JUST GET OUT OF MY OFFICE AND DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO WHEN NOBODY'S LOOKING."

:lulz::hammer: :lulz:

He really should put it back on.  IT will be GOOD for people.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Lenin McCarthy

I am in an ACTIVISTTM, pissing in headwind sort of mood today.
Going to a demonstration tomorrow, because deporting kids who have spent their entire lives in Norway to countries like Ethiopia and Eritrea because their parents lied in their asylum applications is not nice.

Also joined an organization working for Nynorsk (lesser used and less Danish-based written standard of Norwegian), Norwegian dialectal diversity and fighting the menace that is Anglo-American consumerist culture.

Juana

Good luck to you, sir.

It would be very nice if my school had a place on Black Board (a page that lets you manage/access a lot of important shit for school) where you could re-download stuff you had submitted. I wouldn't have to either go pester the professor I submitted a particular paper to to get it back so I can reconstruct the bibliography.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pope Pixie Pickle

I got myself measured for new bras in Scotland.

A UK 32H or 34GG.

I am unamused.

Nephew Twiddleton

My new phone is even shittier than the last one. I'm upgrading in March to a not so dumbphone. After I get some expenses out of the way.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

I'm not paid enough for this shit.

I've had blood spilt over my trainers and I'm dealing with thieves whining about theft.

I have seriously had it up to here with being the unpaid security officer for this damn building.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2013, 12:57:05 AM
I'm not paid enough for this shit.

I've had blood spilt over my trainers and I'm dealing with thieves whining about theft.

I have seriously had it up to here with being the unpaid security officer for this damn building.

You're bouncing out of there in the sort of nearish future though, yeah?

Cain

Not until the end of June.  Another six months...

There is no guarantee the next place will be better.  Sure, we will "control" the entire building, but we won't actually own it.  It won't be until September 2015 we will have premises of our own, and will have to abide by the Boarding Standards Regulations (which would get this place closed down in a minute if we had to abide by it).

More reason to get my PhD and GTFO.  At least I'm allowed to nut terrorists in the balls if they come at me screaming...

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2013, 01:04:49 AM
Not until the end of June.  Another six months...

There is no guarantee the next place will be better.  Sure, we will "control" the entire building, but we won't actually own it.  It won't be until September 2015 we will have premises of our own, and will have to abide by the Boarding Standards Regulations (which would get this place closed down in a minute if we had to abide by it).

More reason to get my PhD and GTFO.  At least I'm allowed to nut terrorists in the balls if they come at me screaming...

Well, when I get to the UK, I'll cover a few rounds for you.

Speaking of which, though late May is still a possibility, August is looking a little more favorable, since that will give me a little more wiggle room both financially and benefit time wise. I also still have to call gramps and see if he'll blow a gasket if I bring Villager.

Sita

Quote from: Pixie on January 12, 2013, 12:14:46 AM

A UK 32H or 34GG.

I am unamused.
*looks up conversion*
*blinks*
My god...and I thought I had it bad. Your shoulders and back must kill you :eek:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Sita on January 12, 2013, 01:46:25 AM

A UK 32H or 34GG.

I am unamused.
*looks up conversion*
*blinks*
My god...and I thought I had it bad. Your shoulders and back must kill you :eek:

it's not so bad when I wear proper fitting bras, tbh. it's real arseache finding underwear I like and can also afford though, as well as actually finding dresses and non t-shirt shirts.

Nephew Twiddleton

The simultaneous hatred for my new shitphone an my internet connection cannot be mathematically measured

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A UK 32H or 34GG.

I am unamused.

Damn, Pix! Sometimes I think Nature is a DICK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."