Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

The case against The Good Reverend

Started by Pæs, December 18, 2012, 03:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 18, 2013, 03:56:50 PM
Today's to-do list:

1.  Broker the sale of the rights to The Diary of Anne Frank to Disney.
2.  Rip out the last page of Moby Dick from all copies at the library.
3.  Fake a fit at the movie theater during the climactic scene.
4.  Ask a WWII vet "whatcha done recently?"
5.  Buy milk.

:eek:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2013, 04:49:07 PM
Anne has a sassy, hands-on-hips speech in the SS officer's face about girl power, before being rescued by a dude?

:lulz:

No, I'm thinking the love interest. 

And there has to be a bad guy in charge.  It can't just be Gestapo.  Reinhard Heydrich, maybe.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 18, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

The Gestapo would have their own song, see.  They'd sing about "Where is she, where is she?" while they rip up the floorboards.

Anne would have a talking mouse as a friend in her cubby hole.  The talking mouse, though, sneezes and gives away her hiding spot, then leads a madcap caste of characters to rescue her before she "goes up the stack". 

Exactly. The way nobody died in the Disney version of The Hunchback. Only with the Holocaust.

Oh, and the SS has to be semi-likable, bumbling idiots.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 18, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 18, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

The Gestapo would have their own song, see.  They'd sing about "Where is she, where is she?" while they rip up the floorboards.

Anne would have a talking mouse as a friend in her cubby hole.  The talking mouse, though, sneezes and gives away her hiding spot, then leads a madcap caste of characters to rescue her before she "goes up the stack". 

Exactly. The way nobody died in the Disney version of The Hunchback. Only with the Holocaust.

Oh, and the SS has to be semi-likable, bumbling idiots.

Except for the boss.  He's shouty and has lots of great songs about why he's so evil.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

And he should look more Jewish than Anne. Or vaguely sinister-middle-eastern.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2013, 05:47:49 PM
And he should look more Jewish than Anne. Or vaguely sinister-middle-eastern.

Yeah.  Thinking of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, here.  The evil priest was kind of Middle Eastern looking, come to think of it.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Anne needs a love interest. Hitler Youth?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 18, 2013, 05:52:46 PM
Anne needs a love interest. Hitler Youth?

No, the son of the family hiding her...Wait, no.  The good folks are always second fiddle in this thing.

Yeah, a Hitler Youth who is having second thoughts.

LMNO

And then HE has a sassy, hands-on-hips speech in the SS officer's face about girl power!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2013, 05:59:30 PM
And then HE has a sassy, hands-on-hips speech in the SS officer's face about girl power!

Whereupon he is dragged off to have his fingernails removed.  Now the mouse has TWO people to rescue!

Reginald Ret

I would enjoy the hell out of that movie.

I have BAD taste in movies.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

We need further testimony against The Good Reverend so when we have our day in court we can ensure that the judge sentences him to SHUT UP.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When TGRR was a little girl, he was once shamed and sent home by the principal for wearing his hair "au naturel" in two delicate little fluffballs on either side of his head. With sweet round cheeks streaked with the tears dripping from his big, innocent brown eyes, he swore revenge. Later that month, the principal and the teacher who remanded him to the principal's office were apprehended by the police while engaging in acts that were reported by the news as "unspeakable" with fourteen dead baby harp seals on the rocky shores of their Newfoundland village. Initially appearing to be in some sort of drug-induced trance, both broke into screaming hysterics as they came out of it in their prison cells, and were eventually determined unfit to stand trial, and transferred to a mental institution in Toronto.

TGRR returned to first grade, pretty as a picture with his afro-puffs tied in pink ribbons that perfectly matched his dress. He would frequently smile widely to himself for no apparent reason, and teachers noted to themselves that for such a dainty little girl, he seemed to have somehow too many teeth. They, wisely, kept this thought to themselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 17, 2014, 01:14:24 AM
When TGRR was a little girl, he was once shamed and sent home by the principal for wearing his hair "au naturel" in two delicate little fluffballs on either side of his head. With sweet round cheeks streaked with the tears dripping from his big, innocent brown eyes, he swore revenge. Later that month, the principal and the teacher who remanded him to the principal's office were apprehended by the police while engaging in acts that were reported by the news as "unspeakable" with fourteen dead baby harp seals on the rocky shores of their Newfoundland village. Initially appearing to be in some sort of drug-induced trance, both broke into screaming hysterics as they came out of it in their prison cells, and were eventually determined unfit to stand trial, and transferred to a mental institution in Toronto.

TGRR returned to first grade, pretty as a picture with his afro-puffs tied in pink ribbons that perfectly matched his dress. He would frequently smile widely to himself for no apparent reason, and teachers noted to themselves that for such a dainty little girl, he seemed to have somehow too many teeth. They, wisely, kept this thought to themselves.

Who's a pretty princess with razors in her mouth?

Could it be TGRR?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I found a rare childhood image of TGRR.

Sure, you think he looks sweet and harmless... until he smiles.