News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2013, 09:55:05 PM
So you want any cash paid in tax to be used to directly enhance your life?

I hope you're damn fucking certain that you pay more in than you take out. I mean everything here, Roads, schools, everything.

Clue - When you are making similar statements to tax-evading wankers there's probably something you've missed.

Ok, mabey I did make my statement a bit broad. I'll concede that we need roads...

I guess I'm just frustrated at seeing my cash:hours worked ratio DROP as I work longer hours due to taxation. It just kinda frustrates me. I guess I rationalise my hatred for welfare systems on the false assumption that "killing the worthless poor" would make my paycheck bigger.

I'll still hold true to the fact that, as it stands, I don't really benefit from government.

I pay for my water and electricity, I drive to work on roads funded by the corporation I work for, at 9.50/hr, I'm "too rich" to take advantage of any of my government's social welfare systems, I don't have kids, so I don't really concern myself with the school system, and I CC, so when it comes down to it, it's not the police protecting me from crime... in short, I don't really see anything but a few under-maintained in-town roads as being something I fund with taxes that I get a return on.

I'll concede, though, that welfare isn't my problem. Perhaps military spending, police spending or corrections spending should be cut as a "less evil" way to make my paycheck bigger...

Junkenstein

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 07, 2013, 10:15:57 PM

I hope you're damn fucking certain that you pay more in than you take out. I mean everything here, Roads, schools, everything.

Clue - When you are making similar statements to tax-evading wankers there's probably something you've missed.

Ok, mabey I did make my statement a bit broad. I'll concede that we need roads...

I guess I'm just frustrated at seeing my cash:hours worked ratio DROP as I work longer hours due to taxation. It just kinda frustrates me. I guess I rationalise my hatred for welfare systems on the false assumption that "killing the worthless poor" would make my paycheck bigger.

I'll still hold true to the fact that, as it stands, I don't really benefit from government.

I pay for my water and electricity, I drive to work on roads funded by the corporation I work for, at 9.50/hr, I'm "too rich" to take advantage of any of my government's social welfare systems, I don't have kids, so I don't really concern myself with the school system, and I CC, so when it comes down to it, it's not the police protecting me from crime... in short, I don't really see anything but a few under-maintained in-town roads as being something I fund with taxes that I get a return on.

I'll concede, though, that welfare isn't my problem. Perhaps military spending, police spending or corrections spending should be cut as a "less evil" way to make my paycheck bigger...

I'm going to take a deep breath and roll something before replying here. One question, I assume you are fairly young? This answer may moderate ire.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

WAAH, CRACKHEADS SLEEP IN THE GUTTERS I PAY FOR.
       /
  :crybaby:

'S funny, Corporations stealing billions of dollars from us every year frustrates me. Those same corporations supporting legislation that furthers their own interests and degrades human beings further frustrates me. But maybe if we make poor kids hungrier they'll finally pull them self out of those gutters.

An impetus for productivity, as though they didn't steal jobs from us as well, as though there were alternatives raining from the sky like mana from heaven.

Excuse me while I puke.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2013, 10:19:46 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 07, 2013, 10:15:57 PM

I'm going to take a deep breath and roll something before replying here. One question, I assume you are fairly young? This answer may moderate ire.

you could say I'm fairly young...21...

Btw, thanks for arguing with me on this everyone. I love coming here to get my views shaken on shit...you guys are actually doing a good job at putting things into my mind to let me ruminate on...it's good to hear things that isn't the same "DIRTY JEW LIBRULS" I usually get on my more...typical...hangouts

Junkenstein

von

Quote from: Alty on April 07, 2013, 10:20:05 PM
       /

'S funny, Corporations stealing billions of dollars from us every year frustrates me. Those same corporations supporting legislation that furthers their own interests and degrades human beings further frustrates me. But maybe if we make poor kids hungrier they'll finally pull them self out of those gutters.

An impetus for productivity, as though they didn't steal jobs from us as well, as though there were alternatives raining from the sky like mana from heaven.

Excuse me while I puke.

WAAAH, TEH CORPORASHUNS BE STEALIN' MAH SUCCESSESS!
             /

I have a feeling we're literally deadlocked in an argument that amounts to stopping an unstoppable force with an immovable object.

Salty

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 07, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
       /

Excuse me while I puke.

/

I have a feeling we're literally deadlocked in an argument that amounts to stopping an unstoppable force with an immovable object.

Um, yeah, except for the part where I'm referring to actual ethics and legal violations that corporations have been PROVED to have committed, while you are referring to the individuals who receive the bill.

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2013, 10:25:25 PM
A child. Fine. That explains a lot.

Are we going to move beyond this, or can I have an equally valid point to make in saying:

"A statist. Fine. That explains a lot."

Salty

AFK

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 07, 2013, 10:31:16 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2013, 10:25:25 PM
A child. Fine. That explains a lot.

Are we going to move beyond this, or can I have an equally valid point to make in saying:

"A statist. Fine. That explains a lot."

Ooh! 

I'm enjoying this discussion very much. 

:lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

von

Quote from: Alty on April 07, 2013, 10:31:05 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 07, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
       /

Excuse me while I puke.

/

Um, yeah, except for the part where I'm referring to actual ethics and legal violations that corporations have been PROVED to have committed, while you are referring to the individuals who receive the bill.

By any measure of things, I could just as well twist around the fact that extracting that bill violates "actual ethics" in that it is theft.

Don't get me wrong, I hate corporate assholes too, but principally because barriers to entry make it such that I cannot compete with them...

Pergamos

Here's another way to look at it Von Switracht. 

Would you prefer that the people around you be hungry enough to potentially steal your food, uneducated enough that they don't have options aside from stealing your food, and unhealthy enough to give you diseases?  Or is it worth spending some of your income on taxes to address these problems?

von

Anyway, now that I've riled up some ire against me, who wants to pay my rent and buy me groceries when I inevitably piss off my boss and get fired?