We're doing MAD SCIENCE up in this shit.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 19, 2013, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, we need 20% more compressed air than we have, for the emergency replacement jetmill (the old one went boom).  So we disconnect the power feed to #2 6' ball mill, string 200 feet of cable for 480VAC/220 amps to the supplementary compressor until Building K's new motor control center comes online next week (then switch over and reinstall the 6' ball mill), THEN run 2 air driers in parallel to make up for the fact that I don't have any driers that are big enough, MEANWHILE cutting steel to make the new jetmill PHYSICALLY fit where it has to go, AND THE WHOLE TIME, I have Japanese engineers all over the kiln Filthy Assistant trashed, because AFTER the repair, burner #9 skin temperature shot to 600 Centigrade, burned through, cooked the gas line, which in turn flashed the conduit next to it, and shorted out the entire kiln MEANING that the temperature crashed, and the refractory brick marched 3 feet out the ass end of the kiln WHICH IN TURN tore the conveyor to bitty pieces.

All of this has to be operational by Tuesday at 2PM.

But that's okay, BECAUSE

*pant, pant, wheeze*

WE'RE GODDAMN MAINTENANCE APES, AND WE CAN DO FUCKING ANYTHING.

TGRR,
Back to work!  WARP FACTOR 9, JACKASSES!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Suu

This sounds LIKE SO MUCH FUN.

Sometimes I wish we could have video feed of your madness.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

EK WAFFLR

:eek:

Also, a live video feed of your plant would be so epic!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Your workplace is a madhouse. I know you know this. I'm just thinking outloud.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 19, 2013, 07:41:45 PM
Your workplace is a madhouse. I know you know this. I'm just thinking outloud.

My workplace is like 24 acres of MAINTENANCE GEEK HEAVEN.

And contained explosions

BUT MOST OF ALL

PILLZ HERE!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

OH, SO ACCOUNTING HAS ISSUES WITH $230,000 WORTH OF MAD SCIENCE.

Email sent to Rod in AFE-land:

QuoteDear Mongoloid Bean Counter:

I have read the email you sent listing your concerns and objectives to a measly quarter-million bucks.  Given that the loss of customers resulting from the failure to produce on time/in spec will only cost us a few million this year alone, along with COMPLETE AND IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF MARKET SHARE, meaning that the $450 million dollar project in Germany is DEAD IN THE WATER, MONEY ALREADY SPENT.  I am sure, as you must be sure, that you don't want to explain this to your boss, as you both walk out to your cars for the last time.

I have a proposal, though, that could make everyone happy.  We don't run the second compressor, and instead you and your department come down to Tucson and blow into the end of the pipe.  As full of wind as You People are, I expect we can easily maintain 1000 SCFM at 100 PSI indefinitely, if you work in shifts.

Up the revolution, you yammering gasbag,
Roger

PS:  If this email hurt your feelings enough to contact HR, I assure you that I still have those pictures of your little "incident" at the strip joint in Lafayette last July, you naughty little monkey.  No, this isn't "putting the arm on you", it's outright fucking extortion.  Love & kisses, Rod, love & kisses.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2013, 08:44:43 PM
Yowza.

That's fucking awesome.

The best addition to technology EVER was the cell phone camera.  I shit you not.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 19, 2013, 08:41:28 PM

I have read the email you sent listing your concerns and objectives to a measly quarter-million bucks.  Given that the loss of customers resulting from the failure to produce on time/in spec will only cost us a few million this year alone, along with COMPLETE AND IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF MARKET SHARE, meaning that the $450 million dollar project in Germany is DEAD IN THE WATER, MONEY ALREADY SPENT.  I am sure, as you must be sure, that you don't want to explain this to your boss, as you both walk out to your cars for the last time.

I have a proposal, though, that could make everyone happy.  We don't run the second compressor, and instead you and your department come down to Tucson and blow into the end of the pipe.  As full of wind as You People are, I expect we can easily maintain 1000 SCFM at 100 PSI indefinitely, if you work in shifts.

Roger

PS:  If this email hurt your feelings enough to contact HR, I assure you that I still have those pictures of your little "incident" at the strip joint in Lafayette last July, you naughty little monkey.  No, this isn't "putting the arm on you", it's outright fucking extortion.  Love & kisses, Rod, love & kisses.

:lulz: This was AMAZING.

I need to put you in charge of my love life immediately.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

Roger

It's beauteous, isn't it?  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Roger

Love letters are my speciality.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 19, 2013, 09:01:08 PM

Roger

Love letters are my speciality.

I feel like my strategy should be posting the messages I get from men on OKC, and having you draft my responses.

What could go wrong?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."