News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Spent my morning on the phone with the guys in charge of my student loans. Payment quadrupled. Hooray paperwork time. Work was exciting, minus the part where one of my co-workers quit - the same one that was mad at me for working while she screwed off. Hilarity! Waiting for another round of storms to roll in.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2013, 09:29:59 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 01, 2013, 09:28:15 PM
I'm supposed to be doing research right now. I am probably pretty much screwing myself by fucking around on the internet instead.

As much as I love your company, you should probably get to work.

And also about this. I'll be back!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Good luck, Nigel. 

Give him The Look, Suu. 

Alty is indeed PUNK AS FUCK, and a bowtie + haberdasher would be a splendid troll for that asshole.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Questions & Answers in Attitude Surveys".

OMG this is the most boring thing I have ever put into my brain.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah. Now I'm on to "Testing the Effects of Social Norms and Behavioral Privacy on Hand Washing: A Field Experiment"

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteA 2-part study examines the influence of normative messages on college males' hand washing perceptions and behaviors. Study 1 tests for the appropriateness of hand washing as a target of social norms campaigns and tests messages designed to change perceived descriptive norms. Results indicated that hand washing behavior is appropriate for health promotion through normative influence. Study 2, a field experiment observing frequency and efficacy of hand washing behaviors, manipulates behavioral privacy and normative messages in public restrooms. Results provided no evidence for the hypothesis that social norms should be most influential for publicly enacted behaviors. Messages increased hand washing frequency, length of time water was run, and attitudes relative to control. Across all conditions, poor-quality hand washing was evidenced.

FML.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dr. Frank is really really really smart. I think that maybe she accidentally overestimates both my intelligence and my level of education... LOL false consensus...  :horrormirth:

Suu

And then, I was thankful I wasn't a psych major.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"A Social Judgment Theory Approach to Conducting Formative Research in a Social Norms Campaign"

WHY ERIS WHY

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think she has completely forgotten what it's like to be an undergraduate and is treating me like a grad student, ie. giving me more reading than it's possible to actually go in the allotted time.

ANYWAY, LESS BITCHING, MORE READING. I'll be in periodically to complain and derive comfort from the board's continued existence.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I think I got the student loan bullshit sorted. Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

My head hurts.

You remember how I said that everytime I try and solve a problem with school at least one more spawns?

My head hurts.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Remember kids.

Pick your major now, make sure it's a science, and never do drop out. Not once. Especially not twice.

Nephew Twiddleton

Don't waste time trying to find yourself, being financially comfortable with a good job can buy you that later. You don't have to be a doctor, but you can't sleep here for the next 10 years.