News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on July 01, 2013, 11:25:13 PM
Well fuck. I picked history. I lose.

http://sadtrombone.com/

I did too. I can't even transfer to science until I get to UMass, because of financial aid.

I have a history degree now, but I can't graduate because of financial aid.

Oh, and every math class I've taken ever is useless.

No, seriously.

I can't even retake algebra yet, if the math department head doesn't sign off. Apparently that's how useless my algebra class was.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2013, 11:09:57 PM
I think I got the student loan bullshit sorted. Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.

Yay!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 11:14:38 PM
My head hurts.

You remember how I said that everytime I try and solve a problem with school at least one more spawns?

My head hurts.

Dear lord.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 11:16:47 PM
Remember kids.

Pick your major now, make sure it's a science, and never do drop out. Not once. Especially not twice.

Not that I'm a seasoned veteran, but I always suggest that people just pick one and go for it, since it doesn't really matter that much at the undergrad level and the worst case scenario is that if you decide to go for a masters in something totally different, you end up taking a few extra classes.

Just finish one, and don't worry too hard about picking the "right" one, because you can go back for something else. Unless you have a specific program in mind already; possibly one that involves reading studies such as the enchanting "Risk Perception Measures' Associations With Behavior Intentions, Affect, and Cognition Following Colon Cancer Screening Messages".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 11:28:14 PM

I did too. I can't even transfer to science until I get to UMass, because of financial aid.

No, seriously.

I can't even retake algebra yet, if the math department head doesn't sign off. Apparently that's how useless my algebra class was.

But you can test into trig, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My current degree is "Associates of Arts Oregon Transfer". Or at least, it will be after I take Spanish 202, which I'm taking last to assure they don't force-graduate me before I'm done.  :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 01, 2013, 11:41:53 PM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 01, 2013, 11:28:14 PM

No, seriously.

But you can test into trig, right?

I can CLEP Precalculus and Calculus. Even if I do that I may be screwed for financial aid. It might be in my best interest to take an algebra class financial aid wise. I'm still waitlisted on a couple of things, my classes are limited because of math prereqs and I gotta start paying up on the 10th one way or the other, and maybe get reimbursed.

I don't want to pay more than I have to.

I also don't want to take lower level math courses because I didn't keep the ball rolling in my 20s. Because that's a waste of my time and my financial aid. Rock and a hard place, you know?

Nephew Twiddleton

Maybe I can just take the fucking stupid algebra course and simultaneously test out of Precalc and Calc.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Today is the day of the waffling customer.

"I love your work! How much...?"
"Oh, that's kinda expensive...Can you work out a deal?"
"Okay, you know what, you're right, I'll take it."
"No, I changed my mind, $300 for a 100% linen coat with handmade buttons and EMBROIDERED CUFFS AND COLLAR is TOO EXPENSIVE."

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Twidsister has decided to claim her Irish citizenship and is asking me how to go about it.

Nephew Twiddleton