News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Women's Work.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., July 11, 2013, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Wow.  That's kind of awesome.  And terrible.  In the classic sense of the word.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 11, 2013, 09:05:47 PM

Ain't it? As usual, some of the comments were priceless.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 11, 2013, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 11, 2013, 09:05:47 PM

Ain't it? As usual, some of the comments were priceless.

Comment 3 following 1 & 2 was HILARIOUS.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

"If it don't bleed, it don't lead" has been the motto of media for quite a while. The pay scales are truly shocking though.Another perk of the free market or something.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

I want to have her baby.

Er...

Whatever. We'll figure out something. Frencesca, if you're reading this... call me.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The sad thing is that what she says about Burlusconi's girlfriends is so true. Do we need to know about them? Do we even really care?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 01:43:13 AM
The sad thing is that what she says about Burlusconi's girlfriends is so true. Do we need to know about them? Do we even really care?

The world is a fucked up place, Nigel. Even in horror, war, and tragedy; people apparently want celebrity gossip. I see this as a bad thing, personally, but I'm sure there's something to it. Heh.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 12, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

The world is a fucked up place, Nigel. Even in horror, war, and tragedy; people apparently want celebrity gossip. I see this as a bad thing, personally, but I'm sure there's something to it. Heh.

I think that people want news, but get so saturated with ain't it awfuling over the little things that they turn to celebrity gossip so they can feel self-righteous.

And the big news media outlets don't WANT people knowing too much about the big things. They might get too interested.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 05:12:24 PM

I think that people want news, but get so saturated with ain't it awfuling over the little things that they turn to celebrity gossip so they can feel self-righteous.

And the big news media outlets don't WANT people knowing too much about the big things. They might get too interested.

Ideas make people unhappy. 
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
! YES.

Can I yoink this for use as marginalia for Bitter Tea?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2013, 05:37:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
! YES.

Can I yoink this for use as marginalia for Bitter Tea?

Sure.  I more or less stole the idea from Terry Pratchett, anyway.
Molon Lube

People getting interested makes corporations unhappy. :P

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 12, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

Correct.  They just want you to LIKE them.  Which, by the way, was brilliant and evil.  You can't look at their page without LIKEing it, so all your friends get a message like "Jabroni Mike and 4 other friends LIKE Appleby's, which leaves YOU feeling like the last man standing in a zombie flick.

Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2013, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 12, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

Correct.  They just want you to LIKE them.  Which, by the way, was brilliant and evil.  You can't look at their page without LIKEing it, so all your friends get a message like "Jabroni Mike and 4 other friends LIKE Appleby's, which leaves YOU feeling like the last man standing in a zombie flick.

Part of the future will involve implants that, while enabling brainmail, also automatically update all social media outlets with your name, town, and credit score every time you enter a chain store or restaurant, or other participating franchises.

You walk through the door of McDonald's and the Twitter will look like this : John Doe (Portland OR/458) LIKES McDonald's. Got a Big Mac and a large fry. You should too! #poorwhitetrashlivin'large #MickyDLOVESYOU #WeAreWatching