News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I see that he's too busy supervising those unruly MPHs to post any research that indicates that drug take-back programs reduce prescription drug abuse.

It's like herding cats, those MPHs. Leave them alone long enough and they start eating paint chips and legalizing marijuana.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 06:39:11 PM
I see that he's too busy supervising those unruly MPHs to post any research that indicates that drug take-back programs reduce prescription drug abuse.

IT WAS DOCUMENTED.  CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL?  SHOWING PEOPLE THE DOCUMENTATION IS NOT REQUIRED.  THE DOCUMENTS VALIDATE THEMSELVES.

QuoteIt's like herding cats, those MPHs. Leave them alone long enough and they start eating paint chips and legalizing marijuana.

Yep.  If only they were trained!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 06:40:30 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 06:39:11 PM

IT WAS DOCUMENTED.  CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL?  SHOWING PEOPLE THE DOCUMENTATION IS NOT REQUIRED.  THE DOCUMENTS VALIDATE THEMSELVES.

QuoteIt's like herding cats, those MPHs. Leave them alone long enough and they start eating paint chips and legalizing marijuana.

Yep.  If only they were trained!

YEP. THIS WORKS. IT SAYS SO RIGHT HERE ON THIS MEMO I SENT OUT SAYING THAT IT WORKS. DOCUMENTED, BAM.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on August 15, 2013, 06:30:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 06:25:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 06:21:02 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
The main reason take-back programs rely so heavily on the environmental argument is because, really, it's the ONLY compelling argument that can be made for them - which RWHN, if he actually keeps up on the available evidence, surely knows.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/09/24/will-the-governments-drug-take-back-do-anything-to-reduce-misuse/
http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/prescription-drugs/more-research-needed-on-drug-take-back-programs-report-concludes
the study they're talking about there --> http://www.carnevaleassociates.com/takebacks

Your characterization is incorrect.  I run the most successful take back program in the state.  Our messaging is on the environment, drub abuse, AND elder safety.  And we know our program works.  We have more and more people regularly cleaning out medicine cabinets making more and more homes more safe and cutting down on the amount of drugs available for diversion.  We have documented behavior change which is what you want to see in any public health effort.

Documented, you say?

Let's see it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He's still frantically searching the internet for ANYTHING to support his claims that isn't "because we say so".

When he finds some tenuous link, he's going to triumphantly return to post it along with some story about how he had to go to a meeting or was yanked away by some other important Policymakerâ„¢ obligation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or maybe he's finally realized that spending four hours of productive time each day posting on the internet is basically stealing from the non-profit he's supposed to be working for. Which, given what they do, I am 100% in favor of.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 06:58:44 PM
He's still frantically searching the internet for ANYTHING to support his claims that isn't "because we say so".

When he finds some tenuous link, he's going to triumphantly return to post it along with some story about how he had to go to a meeting or was yanked away by some other important Policymaker? obligation.
Or a superparent sex machine. 
Incidentally did you know that rwhn has sex? I know im impressed with this information.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 07:00:49 PM
Or maybe he's finally realized that spending four hours of productive time each day posting on the internet is basically stealing from the non-profit he's supposed to be working for. Which, given what they do, I am 100% in favor of.

It's all that managing. One must rest one's weary body and relax by, uh, maintaining a connection to something really important to him, Discordia, by triumpantly being better than us for the whole world to see. It soothes his restless, weighted shoulders.

Like Atlas, our WHN, he wants only a reprieve from his solemn duty to make sure people with comprehensive health educations dont get rowdy.

I can't believe i valued this guy's opinion once. Fooooolish.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

I doubt that.  His history of backing up his claims (or rather, not backing up his claims) is pretty consistent.  In fact, it's one of the only two consistent things about him.  Cognitive dissonance being the other one.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 15, 2013, 07:03:25 PM

When he finds some tenuous link, he's going to triumphantly return to post it along with some story about how he had to go to a meeting or was yanked away by some other important Policymaker? obligation.
Or a superparent sex machine. 
Incidentally did you know that rwhn has sex? I know im impressed with this information.

OH YEAH, THAT

FILE UNDER

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 07:10:42 PM

I doubt that.  His history of backing up his claims (or rather, not backing up his claims) is pretty consistent.  In fact, it's one of the only two consistent things about him.  Cognitive dissonance being the other one.

I don't think he experiences cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is a precursor to intellectual growth.

I think his dissonancer is broken.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 15, 2013, 07:18:50 PM

That working?

:lulz:

How about Prometheus, with Big Marijuana eating his liver?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Still wondering how he copes, mentally, with dismissing this as "untrained":
http://oregonmph.org/content/health-management-policy-psu

That being the exact degree my friend has. Said friend having been in the field for many many more years than RWHN. Also, this is the degree he tried to lead the entire board on that he had, and only now has started dismissing it as "untrained" because we found out what his actual degree is.

Pretty sure she earns well more than twice what he does, too. With her "untrained" badass self.  :lol: