News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

I love Miley Cyrus

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 10, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 03, 2013, 07:10:22 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 03, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 03, 2013, 07:03:29 PM
Yeah, if you agree with the opinion that she "did" anything any other former child pop-star has done.

Which, in your eyes, is impossible, because she's female.

No.

Because she's awful.

So you are saying that everyone else's perceptions of her, and her own perceptions of herself and her statements about her own actions and motivation, are all wrong, because you don't see it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, if you agree with the opinion that she "did" anything any other former child pop-star has done.

No.

Because she's awful.

The amazing bit is just how many women you've reference whom you find to be awful, verses all zero women you've reference whom you find to be awesome.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on October 03, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

No.

Because she's awful.

So you are saying that everyone else's perceptions of her, and her own perceptions of herself and her statements about her own actions and motivation, are all wrong, because you don't see it?

Because female.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Demolition Squid

That tattoo...  :lulz:

Yeah, there's no way she's doing anything other than trolling. Everything about that photo is just perfect.

Thanks for looking that up, Cram!

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on October 03, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

No.

Because she's awful.

I think RWHNs continued hate-on should be a mark in the 'artful troll' column too. He's clearly one of the target groups, here.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 03, 2013, 07:16:13 PM
I think RWHNs continued hate-on should be a mark in the 'artful troll' column too. He's clearly one of the target groups, here.

:potd:

The Good Reverend Roger

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cramulus on October 03, 2013, 07:03:36 PM
I just want to note for the record that
by posting pop celeb gossip, a little part of myself has died and is twerking in hell

ANYWAY

Miley just got her 10th tattoo

---probably commenting on the rolling stone cover piece which boosted her fame?

that's a chip in the "artful troll" column

QuoteON HER VMAS PERFORMANCE
I know what I'm doing. I know I'm shocking you. When I'm dressed in that teddy bear thing, I think that's funny. I was saying yesterday, I had this obsession about this character that's like an adult baby. Like if you see a baby do something like that it's so warped and weird, but there's something creepily hot about it. So when I'm in that teddy bear suit, I'm like a creepy, sexy baby. But I forget that it's, like, people in Kansas watching the show. That people sit their kid in front of the TV and are like, "Oh, an awards show! Let's watch."

another chip in the troll pile

QuoteON HER FAMOUS TONGUE
I just stick my tongue out because I hate smiling in pictures. It's so awkward. It looks so cheesy. Now people expect it, like, "Put your tongue out!" It's just easier that way. Taking pictures is so embarrassing. But there's also something about it that I think is cool. Every other girl is so serious – like, this is my moment on the red carpet, I'm in my ball gown, looking pretty. There's something empowering about what I'm doing right now. Especially having "short hair don't care." I think it's empowering for girls. Because there's not one thing that defines what beauty is.

:troll:

That's an insightful comment. Clarifies that she was trying to be "grotesque", specifically to make people uncomfortable -- as we discussed earlier ITT.

QuoteON MEDIA OUTRAGE
I think it's all marketing. If a website is like, "We love Miley's performance!" I don't think people are gonna click on it. "Miley's cute performance with teddy bears!" – no one is gonna click on that. So I think it's the media riling up the people, rather than people riling up the media. And what makes me kind of sick is, Trayvon Martin's trial didn't happen more than two months ago. It got talked about a lot – but it still got done being talked about a lot quicker than the VMAs. And that's really sad. For about two days, it was on Twitter and everything, everyone had their pictures as Trayvon – and then two days later, where was it? Who cared anymore? Even I was like, "I want to help his family when it's an appropriate time." But then people just forgot. It slips your mind. We go on to the next thing, our next problem. It's like, "Why are we not still dealing with that? Why are we not still mourning that loss?"

QuoteON HER DAD'S RELUCTANCE TO LET HER BE IN SHOW BUSINESS
I think if he'd known how it was going to pan out, he would have let me. It's more that he didn't necessarily want me to. It's almost like Toddlers and Tiaras – getting the little kids all dolled up and putting so much pressure on them to win. He didn't want me ever to feel . . . the right word isn't "pageant-y," but I don't think he wanted me to feel like I had to be a certain way. Even when it comes to growing up – like, I didn't really start dressing myself until I was fucking 16. I always had a stylist. So I think my dad wanted me to figure out all that out on my own. To go through my awkward stages without people zooming in on every fucking pimple. I think he wanted me to be able to be a kid and have braces and go through my ugly phase, without people talking about it. To be able to just hang and live.

Well I'll admit it took a while, but I'm convinced. This girl is fucking great.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on October 03, 2013, 06:15:27 PM
My 15-year-old says "Teenagers are going through the exact same transition, so they don't need to have it explained. You don't have to explain something to someone when they are going through it and know what it's like".

This has been bouncing around in my skull since I read it. It sums up SO MUCH about the trouble people have trying to communicate with each other, especially 'adults' to 'kids'.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

LMNO

Amanda Palmer just HAD to say something.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/10/amanda_palmers_3.html

It's hella long-- if someone could pull good bits, I'd appreciate it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 03, 2013, 11:53:52 PM
Amanda Palmer just HAD to say something.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/10/amanda_palmers_3.html

It's hella long-- if someone could pull good bits, I'd appreciate it.

Still reading but I think this is a good bit.
QuoteDo I want a whole generation of teenagers looking at Miley Cyrus to determine that the only way to get hits and hawk your music is to rip your clothes off and wiggle around as violently and loudly as possible? (And while we're at it - while weighing close to nothing and looking perfectly manicured without a single eyelash or molecule of mascara out of place even when a tear rolls down your face?)

Fuck no. But I don't want to tell them it's wrong, either, because like I said: the field has to encompass EVERYTHING. There's no way Miley is going to read your letter and turn around saying "holy shit, they've been taking advantage of me this whole time!" She's been taking advantage of herself, of her youth, her fame and her sexuality...and she knows it. We females all do this, to some extent, and we just want to feel like it's our hand on the joystick. Telling her that her team is to blame is telling her that she's not steering her own career and decisions, and I think she'll just feel patronized.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

QuoteHere's where I think you're off target. Miley is, from what I can gather, in charge of her own show. She's writing the plot and signing the checks, and although I think it's tempting to imagine her in the board room of label assholes and management, I don't think any of them masterminded her current plan to be a raging, naked, twerking sexpot. I think that's All Miley All The Way. Now, would these men ARGUE with her when she comes into the room and throws down her treatment to hop up naked on the proverbial (and literal) wrecking ball? Of course not. Sex sells. We all know it. Miley knows it better than anyone: swinging naked on a big metal ball simply gets you more hits than swinging on a big metal ball wearing clothes. We're mammals. LOOK BOOBS! And even more tantalizing: LOOK HANNAH MONTANA BOOBS! But none of this means that Miley is following anyone else's script. In fact, what I see is Miley desperately trying to write her own script; truly trying to be taken seriously (even if its in a nakedly playful way) by the standards of her own peers.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

QuoteIt is always my fantasy that we can take these painful experiences and feed them back to the upcoming generation of women rockers in a way that creates a larger playing field instead of a smaller one. I want female musicians to feel like they can do MORE with their mad artistic energy, not LESS. I want women to feel less trapped inside their bodies, less afraid to express themselves, less afraid to be nailed to the cross of the cultural beauty standard. But that necessarily means there needs to be room on the vast playing field for Adele to wear a conservative suit, room for Lady Gaga to do naked performance art in the woods, room for PJ Harvey to wear high-collared 18th century jackets on stage, room for Natasha Kahn to pose boldly naked on the cover of her last record, and room for Miley to rip a page out of stripper culture and run around like a maniac for however long she wants to.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

QuoteDo I want a whole generation of teenagers looking at Miley Cyrus to determine that the only way to get hits and hawk your music is to rip your clothes off and wiggle around as violently and loudly as possible? (And while we're at it - while weighing close to nothing and looking perfectly manicured without a single eyelash or molecule of mascara out of place even when a tear rolls down your face?)

Fuck no. But I don't want to tell them it's wrong, either, because like I said: the field has to encompass EVERYTHING. There's no way Miley is going to read your letter and turn around saying "holy shit, they've been taking advantage of me this whole time!" She's been taking advantage of herself, of her youth, her fame and her sexuality...and she knows it. We females all do this, to some extent, and we just want to feel like it's our hand on the joystick. Telling her that her team is to blame is telling her that she's not steering her own career and decisions, and I think she'll just feel patronized.

Faust

MC posted this on her twitter a few hours ago. I do find the letter she sent rich, seeing as she is still the biggest attention whore in Ireland.

Sleepless nights at the chateau