News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 21, 2013, 06:33:18 PM
SLIGHTLY?

Cain's voice could power-bottom me all night long.

HYDRAULIC ASS!

SERVO-ASSISTED POSTERIOR!

Payne

WHOEVER IS SHOOTING ME - I DO NOT LIKE IT, AND THEY CAN GO AWAY!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SLIGHTLY?

I'm a little turned on right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 21, 2013, 06:45:36 PM
SLIGHTLY?

I'm a little turned on right now.

PD.

I CAME FOR THE HATE, BUT I STAYED FOR THE E-ORGIES!

Payne

Payne

Quote from: Payne on December 21, 2013, 06:42:29 PM

NOPE. I DON'T LIKE THAT. I DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER.

Payne

Quote from: Payne on December 21, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

SOMEONE IS HITTING US FROM.... BEHIND.

AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 21, 2013, 03:15:45 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on December 20, 2013, 10:52:30 PM
Tried to make a point to a friend of mine on the face books about White Pride and racism, sparked by one of those pictures where people of color are all like "[demographic] pride!" and white people are like "Yay for you!" and then "White Pride" with the people of color having a frowny face at them.  A friend of hers jumped in with "Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Black chamber of Commerce and Black Panthers!" and I don't know my stuff that well, so butts to me. :(

"White Pride" is code for two things:

1.  We're really, really afraid of Black people, and
2.  We are the bottom of the barrel.  We have to feel better than someone.

I think I know who you're talking about.

The thing that's interesting is that "white" isn't really an ethnicity. People who are into their ancestors actually know what they were all about and where they came from. Nobody has a problem with German festivals or Polish festivals or the Norse lodge.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's FASCINATING that there are apparent;y a shit ton of white racists out there who don't even seem to know these cultural heritage organizations even exist. I'm like, how proud can you actually be, if you seriously have no fucking idea that there is an enormous club entirely dedicated to celebrating your ancestry, which you are apparently too stupid to even look up? Have you REALLY never heard of the Highland Games?

COME THE FUCK ON.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 21, 2013, 06:57:14 PM
It's FASCINATING that there are apparent;y a shit ton of white racists out there who don't even seem to know these cultural heritage organizations even exist. I'm like, how proud can you actually be, if you seriously have no fucking idea that there is an enormous club entirely dedicated to celebrating your ancestry, which you are apparently too stupid to even look up? Have you REALLY never heard of the Highland Games?

COME THE FUCK ON.

Yep.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Payne on December 21, 2013, 06:53:37 PM
Quote from: Payne on December 21, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

SOMEONE IS HITTING US FROM.... BEHIND.

AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

Sorry.  :sad:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, final word on this "Duck Dynasty" nonsense.  The show's producer wanted to give the people what they wanted, which was some harmless, sanitized backwoods hillbilly rubes to laugh at.  But then the craziest-looking one goes off-script in someone else's media, and shows White America a piece of itself that we all felt had been rinsed down the drain ages ago.  This is NOT why they turned on the TV.

It occurs to me that if I was A&E's chief producer, I would not only fire the cast, I'd fire the producer who ran the show.  In fact, the whole production team.  A Stalinist purge, for the encouragement of the others, so to speak.

Oh, and while we were all freaking out over that, the "left wing" senate passed the NDAA.

Merry Christmas.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 21, 2013, 07:03:40 PM
Also, final word on this "Duck Dynasty" nonsense.  The show's producer wanted to give the people what they wanted, which was some harmless, sanitized backwoods hillbilly rubes to laugh at.  But then the craziest-looking one goes off-script in someone else's media, and shows White America a piece of itself that we all felt had been rinsed down the drain ages ago.  This is NOT why they turned on the TV.

It occurs to me that if I was A&E's chief producer, I would not only fire the cast, I'd fire the producer who ran the show.  In fact, the whole production team.  A Stalinist purge, for the encouragement of the others, so to speak.

Oh, and while we were all freaking out over that, the "left wing" senate passed the NDAA.

Merry Christmas.

:horrormirth: