News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Here's an unoriginal idea

Started by monad, February 24, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 25, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
PUA tend to be upset that women won't touch them.

Mens rights tend to have a kid somewhere and are upset because women won't do exactly what they say.

Minor difference, but it seems that the mens rights mob actually had contact with a woman at some point and I'm sure that is VERY important to them.

I don't see any difference at all, really.  Both are whiners who view women as cattle.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'll be moving this thread to Peanut Gallery tomorrow, so we can all have a good laugh and then forget this silly fucker ever existed.

Well, not forget.  But you know what I mean.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 25, 2014, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 25, 2014, 08:03:34 PM
Quote from: Alty on February 25, 2014, 06:50:55 PM
Quote from: Nigel on February 25, 2014, 06:29:32 PM
The real irony is that the reason he found this board in the first place was because I sent him links to a few of the many creative projects that have stemmed from it, and from the big ole meanies here, over the last few years.  :lol:

Pssshhhh. Creative projects, we need NUMBERS dammit!
Post counts! New blood!
There is something to be said for the numbers. He's not wrong in that regard. This place has been quiet as hell for over a year.

I'm going with the ECH response to that:  I'd rather have 12 people producing neat shit, than 100 assmonkeys telling hot dog jokes.

Our post count is in the basement, sure.  But what IS here is worth fucking READING.

That doesn't mean it cant be better, and it doesn't mean we should do nothing.
I said this about a month back. Not the garbage monad was spouting but that we need to do a recruitment drive or foster activities that get people in the door.
Getting them to stay wont be the issue, it's getting them in the door in the first place.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on February 25, 2014, 09:45:39 PM
The real irony is that the reason he found this board in the first place was because I sent him links to a few of the many creative projects that have stemmed from it, and from the big ole meanies here, over the last few years.  :lol:

Post counts! New blood!
There is something to be said for the numbers. He's not wrong in that regard. This place has been quiet as hell for over a year.

I'm going with the ECH response to that:  I'd rather have 12 people producing neat shit, than 100 assmonkeys telling hot dog jokes.

Our post count is in the basement, sure.  But what IS here is worth fucking READING.

I said this about a month back. Not the garbage monad was spouting but that we need to do a recruitment drive or foster activities that get people in the door.
Getting them to stay wont be the issue, it's getting them in the door in the first place.

Sure.  We used to go grab people from other forums.  It would be nice to organize something.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 25, 2014, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 25, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Post counts! New blood!

Sure.  We used to go grab people from other forums.  It would be nice to organize something.

It doesn't take much, postergasm was a huge draw and its an incredibly simple idea.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Post counts! New blood!

Yeah, look at The Discordian Society Facebook group. It's busy as shit, and about as worth reading.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 25, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

Where do you find these assbaskets, Nigel?   :lulz:

The Discordian Society Facebook group. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on February 25, 2014, 09:33:47 PM
My bet is that he moderates or is known and noted on a couple of MRA/PUA subreddits.

:lol: BAM. Bet you're right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 12:59:22 AM

I'm back on there.  Is it Redsnarto Semaj?

Pæs

We should make an anonymous textboard and make it a subtle nod to Semaj by having the domain name be his name in reverse.

Invite a bunch of shitposters to contribute anonymously to JamesOstrander.com as a subtle nod to that monad character.

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 26, 2014, 03:21:48 AM

Almost certainly yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on February 26, 2014, 03:39:20 AM

Almost certainly yes.

Hoody hoo!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No. It's some guy whose name I would have to look at my PMs to remember.

Pæs

Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 03:53:21 AM

No, I'm sorry. I can't live in a world in which there are two such douchebags preaching in the same tone that text boards would cut down on circlejerks and cliques. Since I live here, that guy must be a Semaj alt.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on February 26, 2014, 04:07:53 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 26, 2014, 03:53:21 AM

No, I'm sorry. I can't live in a world in which there are two such douchebags preaching in the same tone that text boards would cut down on circlejerks and cliques. Since I live here, that guy must be a Semaj alt.

:lol: