OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

8)
Quote from: Pæs on April 25, 2014, 04:04:48 AM
Does your building have master power switches for apartment power?

Yes, but this went beyond the building and across the parking lot into a different residence. Apparently the landlady has been battling with them for a few years.

And apparently this has been an ongoing nice weather thing. It's just the first time that it's been so loud that I'VE heard it.

Juan Pablo, the landlady and I came to an agreement that we would post their address in the stairwell for the next time it happens. Next time we'll just all independently call the cops.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 25, 2014, 03:59:24 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 25, 2014, 01:04:34 AM
I applied to the Honors College. I honestly have no idea whether that was a good idea, or if I should review my summer class choices to prevent redundancy if I get in.

Go for broke.  You see to perform better at crush depth.  And it's not forever.

:lol: I don't know if I'd put it that strongly. More like my baseline is high enough that I continue to perform adequately even under the stress that is slowly killing me. But I looked it over (after applying, because that's smart) and it looks like the Honors College is more of what I'm already doing, research and more independent self-directed study, so it won't be more stressful, just structured differently.

But I did have to jiggy my summer schedule around a bit because if I get in, it would have made one of my classes redundant. I don't really want to add more unnecessary credits anywhere if I can help it. I'm still not 100% sure I want to do this, because my previous plan shaved a whole term off my graduation date, but maybe I can talk to an advisor and they can help me to make that happen, assuming I get in of course.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

In Kansas City, also known as the city that eats its suburbs. It takes an hour to cross is most directions, so I'm gauging it's roughly the same area as Rhode Island. The train station was shot up by Pretty Boy Floyd, and we passed 2 Civil War battlefields just to get to my friend's place. I'll post some pics when I'm plugged in.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, the sky is going to try to kill me all weekend with the highest chance of death on Sunday night. I knew this was going to happen

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

It took me forever to notice, but if you look very closely at the bass drum in my avatar, you can tell that it's LMNO's kit. You can see the Scrid. This was the same night that Bearman and Jewcat came to visit.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 26, 2014, 06:17:29 AM
It took me forever to notice, but if you look very closely at the bass drum in my avatar, you can tell that it's LMNO's kit. You can see the Scrid. This was the same night that Bearman and Jewcat came to visit.

If you look closely you see Jewcat slapping me silly.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A weird side effect of working so hard this morning is that I can't seem to get un-hungry. I'm like 1600 calories behind.

I guess if I do this every week, that's a good way to lose weight for summer...

Suu

Yep, severe chance of tornadoes tomorrow.

Well then, I wanted to see the Midwest, therefore, I am getting exactly what I asked for. Though nobody seems terribly worried anything will touchdown in this area. When I asked them if there was a shot at seeing something bigger than an F-2, I got odd, horrified looks of, "Does this Yankee know wtf she's talking about?"

Oh yeah, the convention is going very well. I attended a talk on World War I military dress this afternoon that was actually pretty awesome. They had a table of weapons that have been banned by the Geneva Convention.

Pæs

Think I need to develop a bot that follows people on Facebook and on the 10th anniversary of the first time they posted a "VIVA LA REVOLUTION, POST THIS TO CHANGE THE WORLD" type image, it asks them to evaluate how much their posts have changed.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Today a lady came in to my store wearing one flip-flop. She paid for her sandwich and chips by fishing nickels and dimes out of her cleavage, one at a time.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 27, 2014, 03:44:06 AM
Today a lady came in to my store wearing one flip-flop. She paid for her sandwich and chips by fishing nickels and dimes out of her cleavage, one at a time.

I hope you were polite.  She was probably an ambassador from the next universe over or some shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: Pæs on April 27, 2014, 03:39:33 AM
Think I need to develop a bot that follows people on Facebook and on the 10th anniversary of the first time they posted a "VIVA LA REVOLUTION, POST THIS TO CHANGE THE WORLD" type image, it asks them to evaluate how much their posts have changed.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 27, 2014, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 27, 2014, 03:44:06 AM

I hope you were polite.  She was probably an ambassador from the next universe over or some shit.

Of course. I am the soul of accommodation for anyone who doesn't have kids that they are allowing to trash my store.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Make overbroad, generalized point designed to inflame on FB.

People complain I make overbroad, generalized point.