News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

6 sets of 3 problems per set to go! Woohoo!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

I wrote. Fun things and wretched things. I feel better.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am quite clearly coming down with something, which I intend to douse with zinc and vitamin C and lots of drugs, and just enough wine to help me sleep without ending up with a hangover. Just one more day, and then I can get sick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Work is shaping up nicely. I think my current manager is going to lose his mind in short order. We're going to need another Timmy pretty soon.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 18, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
Work is shaping up nicely. I think my current manager is going to lose his mind in short order. We're going to need another Timmy pretty soon.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 18, 2014, 09:07:28 PM

EXCELLENT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm working on not barfing.

GREAT timing for this.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Me: "Just a heads up, I have finals this week so I'll be busy with studying until Thursday"

Housemate, at multiple points during the day: "Nigel, are you busy studying right now?"

Suu

OMG. THE GRAD SCHOOL CLASSES I AM BEING OFFERED.  :fap:

UNH takes URI and blows it across the water as far as the history department goes! They already have my award letter done, and I got some work-study, but I'm going to see if I can get an assistantship instead when I meet with the department next week when I get home.

Nigel, you're gonna LOVE it when you cross to the other side of academia. The individual VS number treatment is actually true, and I've only been accepted for a week.

I already have an email and an online account for everything.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Yes, but she's also giving us notice that it will be in the test, and it's in the book and the homework. This is not like the guy I had a couple of terms ago who would test us on stuff he hadn't even introduced to us.

So, yeah, she should have covered this in class, but she ran out of time (snow days) but we're required to know it anyway, which is really not her fault (IUPAC regulations) and since we want our IUPAC certifications at the end of next term, we suck it up and learn on our own. And hope that spending all this time learning the stuff she ran out of time for doesn't turn into a liability because we should have been brushing up on stuff she DID go over in class.

Okay, that makes things more clear.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Stealing a pair of my sister's designer sunglasses.

I don't think I've ever seen her wear Versace anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on March 18, 2014, 10:43:48 PM
OMG. THE GRAD SCHOOL CLASSES I AM BEING OFFERED.  :fap:

UNH takes URI and blows it across the water as far as the history department goes! They already have my award letter done, and I got some work-study, but I'm going to see if I can get an assistantship instead when I meet with the department next week when I get home.

Nigel, you're gonna LOVE it when you cross to the other side of academia. The individual VS number treatment is actually true, and I've only been accepted for a week.

I already have an email and an online account for everything.

Yeah, I hear that every term gets easier and that grad school is loads easier than the first two years are.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 10:45:25 PM
She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Yes, but she's also giving us notice that it will be in the test, and it's in the book and the homework. This is not like the guy I had a couple of terms ago who would test us on stuff he hadn't even introduced to us.

So, yeah, she should have covered this in class, but she ran out of time (snow days) but we're required to know it anyway, which is really not her fault (IUPAC regulations) and since we want our IUPAC certifications at the end of next term, we suck it up and learn on our own. And hope that spending all this time learning the stuff she ran out of time for doesn't turn into a liability because we should have been brushing up on stuff she DID go over in class.

Yeah, the good news is that once I have the certificate I'll be able to apply for junior chemist jobs, if I get desperate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

Yeah, the good news is that once I have the certificate I'll be able to apply for junior chemist jobs, if I get desperate.

The more qualifications the better.  Hell, our plant tends to hire AS/chemistry for lab techs, because BS/chemists are too expensive (although we have a couple, because straight up chemistry jobs in Tucson are kinda thin on the ground when the mines aren't active).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 11:58:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

The more qualifications the better.  Hell, our plant tends to hire AS/chemistry for lab techs, because BS/chemists are too expensive (although we have a couple, because straight up chemistry jobs in Tucson are kinda thin on the ground when the mines aren't active).

Yeah, I figure it certainly won't hurt to be more qualified in any lab, rather than less.