OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Also, working.  Tonight, and again on Wednesday and Friday.  And I have an essay to do.  So I wont be around much.

Suu

So, Kansas City is actually a really cool, hip place. The food is awesome, the people are warm and friendly, the city is spread out and diverse...

...but the tornado watches leave little to be desired.

Other than that, great time. The conference wants me to come back next year. :)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

I just looked at the calendar.

Panic time.

I mightn't be on much til mid May.

On the bright side, I might be complete with one class as of Tuesday.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Been busy all weekend, will be on and off tomorrow.  Several disasters at work.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2014, 03:11:14 AM
Been busy all weekend, will be on and off tomorrow.  Several disasters at work.

Hope all is well. For given levels of Tucson, that is.

I communicated with one of my British cousins about getting dad's updated contact info through Facebook, and I was off it for a couple of days. Dear god, she got one hell of a nasty gash on her lower lip. Like, cringe worthy photo no doubt about facial scarring there sort of thing. I don't even know how that could have happened....

ETA- it was obviously an unrelated thing, but a hell of a thing to come back to.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Today an elderly couple pulled into my store's lot, popped the trunk, and slowly undressed only to redress in fancier clothes pulled from the trunk. They disappeared for a few hours, then reappeared later and did the same thing. Undressed in the parking lot and redressed in their original clothes, folding the fancy stuff away in the trunk.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Reginald Ret

I just heard my aunt had a heart attack and is recovering, soon after that my uncle had a stroke while driving, flipped the car over and ended up in the hospital. He is recovering quite well, it is 4 days later and he can interact with people for 40 minutes without spacing out. Now my niece and nephew are taking turns staying with my aunt to make sure she takes her medication because she forgets otherwise.

I hardly have any contact with most of my family but this still sucks.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Quote from: Regret on April 28, 2014, 04:39:25 AM
I just heard my aunt had a heart attack and is recovering, soon after that my uncle had a stroke while driving, flipped the car over and ended up in the hospital. He is recovering quite well, it is 4 days later and he can interact with people for 40 minutes without spacing out. Now my niece and nephew are taking turns staying with my aunt to make sure she takes her medication because she forgets otherwise.

That does suck, Regret. :(

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

They're in my thoughts. I hope all goes well.

Junkenstein

Sorry to hear that man. At least there's a decent support structure around them so that's a pretty big plus. Hope life improves.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

In work, half an hour early, preparing for a meeting where the main point of conversation will be "Fuck you." I've been in better moods.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 28, 2014, 06:44:31 AM
In work, half an hour early, preparing for a meeting where the main point of conversation will be "Fuck you." I've been in better moods.

Sounds like it will be an awesome time. Kick some ass, Junkenstein.

Suu

I just boarded the train to Chicago, and my car is full of Amish folk, some of which are drinking Mountain Dew. I love America.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 28, 2014, 06:44:31 AM

In 11 minutes, I will be in a meeting in which I will have to explain some very basic rules of physics to people who already understand them but would prefer to ignore them because it's inconvenient.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO