News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

ITT: SUU AND ROGER BALK AT YOUR OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS

Started by Suu, March 26, 2014, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 31, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
Hazards? You want to talk about fucking hazards?

That thing? That thing looks like that because it went BANG and all those nice 90 degree angles now like like very well cooked pasta.

That thing? It's on fire. We'd love to put it out, but we can't because of that thing going BANG. It'll run out of fuel, eventually. Probably. Unless it happens to make something else go BANG.

That thing? That's the client. He's the guy who wanted to put the site office under the steel spaghetti.

That thing? That's my crowbar and by the love of Christ if you don't FUCK OFF I WILL BEAT YOU WITH IT.

Come work for me.  It's the same thing, but the weather is better.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

I made a custom cosplay costume last week and shipped it overnight at my expense since I fucked it up. It got there a day late, because USPS is a cunt, and she still managed to get it.

Then I get this angry email about how it doesn't fit, and that how I ruined her convention, and how she wanted some kind of refund to make up for her "delay" getting to the show because she had to wait for the package (that was USPS's fault, not mine.)

So, I take the moral high ground, and offer her the refund. I tell her to keep the outfit, and give her my labor cost back, but not the materials, since well, I can't return fabric and I doubt I can re-shelve this. She accepts, and continues to bitch that it doesn't fit. I remind her that I worked off of the measurements she gave me (a whole 5 of them, even after I asked for more, but she was always "in a rush" so I never got them.)

So, me, being the nosey cunt that I am, finds her on Facebook, and that shirt and skirt seem to fit her JUST FINE in the pictures she took of herself she pasted all over the place. I'm half tempted to save the pictures, send them to her and go, "So, where is the fitting issue, again?"

I already sent her the fucking refund, so it's not like she can do anything.

I also officially closed my orders to cosplayers, and canceled the outstanding orders and consultations I already have going. I'm not dealing with these fucking people anymore. For every cosplay commission I get, 1 in 3 go sour in some way. For every reenactment commission I get, maybe 1 in 20 has a minor issue that is usually resolved without a refund, and they pay a lot more, also. I'm going to publish my book on historical costuming for cosplayers, and offer a consultation fee for those that are interested, but I will no longer take actual work commissions from these fucking unsociable nerds. I can't afford to deal with their whining anymore.  :argh!:

So yeah, even though I don't deal with explosions or hazardous materials (usually...but you should see the red dye covering my tub right now) the people need to fucking get bent.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

QuoteI'm half tempted to save the pictures, send them to her and go, "So, where is the fitting issue, again?"

If you're burning bridges, I say go for it.  Fully documented for "posterity" of course.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 31, 2014, 04:33:31 PM
QuoteI'm half tempted to save the pictures, send them to her and go, "So, where is the fitting issue, again?"

If you're burning bridges, I say go for it.  Fully documented for "posterity" of course.

You know what? No. I'm going to be the adult here. I don't know why, but I am.

However, if she decides to email me one more time with another complaint...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."