News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 30, 2014, 06:42:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2014, 04:44:48 PM
I'm going over to facebook for most things, I think.

Yeah, it's evil and annoying and all that, but at least there's some conversation.

I'm not totally sure about this, but one way to get more traffic here could be to make the forums mobile friendly. I find it quite difficult to read and write on the forums when I'm on the phone, which is usually where I'm online nowadays. This is actually the first time I have turned my computer on in almost twoo weeks.

I don't have any idea how to make SMF more mobile-friendly.  You might mention that to Faust.

And your computer will get lonely.  You have seen 2001, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

If it can't be done, I'll just have to deal with the hassle. #FWP
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 30, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

And then HAL locked the Viking outside the airlock.   :sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

I'm afraid I can't let HAL do that.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 30, 2014, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

I'm afraid I can't let HAL do that.

If Dave Bowman had a big fucking axe, that whole movie would have been different.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 30, 2014, 03:58:31 PM
I get ya - you have a natural aptitude for something you hate, right? I was like that with biology at school.

I envy you, because biology is motherfuckin' hard as a motherfucker, and I love it. I did get an A on my last test but I worked my ASS off for it.

Chemistry just makes perfect sense to me. It's all structures and relationships, and it's very logical. And very, very boring.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 30, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

Yeah, it's evil and annoying and all that, but at least there's some conversation.

I'm not totally sure about this, but one way to get more traffic here could be to make the forums mobile friendly. I find it quite difficult to read and write on the forums when I'm on the phone, which is usually where I'm online nowadays. This is actually the first time I have turned my computer on in almost twoo weeks.

This is true. I think a huge part of why so many people are on Facebook is because it's so mobile-friendly and they can waste time with it anywhere.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:( I'm hardly ever on Facebook.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on April 30, 2014, 09:07:54 PM

:( I'm hardly ever on Facebook.

This is because you are crazy busy.  You're here about an hour before I am, and gone by the time I start posting.  Same thing with LMNO, Twid, and all the other regular users.

I'm not mad about anything, just bored. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The good news is, I've selected my schedule for this summer, and I'm only taking two classes (this is the first time I've done this since starting school) and neither of them are "hard" science. This summer is going to be awesome!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on April 30, 2014, 09:22:14 PM
The good news is, I've selected my schedule for this summer, and I'm only taking two classes (this is the first time I've done this since starting school) and neither of them are "hard" science. This summer is going to be awesome!

And then Nigel got the bends.   :cry:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I may not be on at all tomorrow; I am busing down to Eugene to interview for that Ford Foundation scholarship. Nervous as fuck. I'm bringing my laptop, so if U of O has unlocked wifi I'll get into the library and check the board while working on homework.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2014, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on April 30, 2014, 09:22:14 PM

And then Nigel got the bends.   :cry:

:lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm trying really, REALLY hard to decide whether I really want to take A&P this fall. I have until the 21st to decide.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If I want to do the organismal track I need A&P. If I want to do the micro track, I don't. TOO MANY CHOICES.