News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2014, 08:23:42 AM
For those who watched last night's Game of Thrones....now do you see why Petyr Baelish is the most magnificent of magnificent bastards?

He started the civil war, and used it to seize control of the Riverlands, in return for securing the release of Jaime Lannister.  He now has a virtually impregnable fortress in the Vale of Arryn, which nothing less than a dragon could take.  And he has in his control the only known to be living heir to Winterfell, and thus legitimate rule of the North.

He's taken two of the seven Kingdoms without anyone noticing, is no doubt manouvering to take the third and has House Tyrell over a barrel with regards to Joffrey's assassination.

Even Varys isn't so well accomplished.

Starting to see a lot of reveals in the show that haven't appeared in the book yet, which is both unsettling and awesome.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss what Varys may have going on, though. Those are some big, poofy-ass sleeves...lot of tricks can fit up there. Not to mention that I don't even think George R.R. Martin could say with any certainty what his real motivations are.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

We also have some pressing issues in the North that need to be taken care of... Plus, the small matter of Arya becoming a shape-shifting ninja.

LMNO

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 05, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
We also have some pressing issues in the North that need to be taken care of... Plus, the small matter of Arya becoming a shape-shifting ninja.

I'm calling it now, she's gonna be reminded of her list and go Sith Lord...either that or Martin's going to pass away sometime in 2023 never having finished the sixth book.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 05, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

I'm calling it now, she's gonna be reminded of her list and go Sith Lord...either that or Martin's going to pass away sometime in 2023 never having finished the sixth book.

This is why I will not watch the series until it's over, or buy anymore of his books.  He's gonna pull a Robert Jordan.  Also, I do not wait 10 years between books.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2014, 04:54:17 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 05, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

This is why I will not watch the series until it's over, or buy anymore of his books.  He's gonna pull a Robert Jordan.  Also, I do not wait 10 years between books.

I binged the first 5 over Audible in a couple of months. Left pretty deflated when I realized the pace at which they're coming out. The show is already beginning to diverge from the books in what could be significant ways down the road. I'm wondering if it's in preparation for 2016 when they'll be ahead of him.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: All father, Bearman on May 05, 2014, 09:40:09 AM
4 more classes for my AAS. Mechanical Engineering
11 more classes for my AS. Science Degree
4 more classes for my mechatronics (robotics) certification
So far maintained a 2.5 GPA (B-) out of 4.

Then I fuck off and transfer for Biomedical Engineering at University of Houston.
I'm going put my techie skills into helping people. Because I hate HIPPIES/NEW AGERS. I'm going to drag these inbred pieces of shit to the 21st century.
Not even their gluten free diets can save them.

WOOHOO!!! SCIENCE!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I took my geology midterm today. I'm starting to understand why they call it rocks for jocks, I have never taken a 15-minute midterm before.

Got one problem definitely, absolutely wrong in that walk-out-of-the-class, Ofuck why did I answer with that? way. Oh well.  :lol:

Googlearth "Broham" Einstein was badmouthing geology before class. He said, and I quote, "Geology has a lot of holes in it, from an engineering perspective".

I desperately wish I could audio record this guy. He's AMAZING.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Listen fuckmo, if you wanted to take a complementary science that doesn't have a lot of explanatory gaps you should have taken chemistry.

The Good Reverend Roger

I enjoyed geology back in school.  Not enough to make a go of it, but it was fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I totally just fucked off an entire hour that I should have used to read my biology book. Plus I'm abusing my access to the library's computers. LOL

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2014, 05:43:39 PM
I enjoyed geology back in school.  Not enough to make a go of it, but it was fun.

It is. It's a fun class. And the whole thing is "we don't know for sure, but we think this is what's going on, and this is the evidence we have that supports that theory".

I liked the girl he was talking to; she said "Well I guess you just need to go into geology and answer all those questions".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Broham was also saying that they don't like to do math in geology, and that's why a lot of colleges put it in the arts building.

Which I have personally never, ever heard of, but hey.

Broham, FWIW, is an engineering major.

Shit, I need to be working on my chemistry homework. Fuck my life.