News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 06, 2014, 05:47:14 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 06, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
Those InfoWars types don't like anyone but their own kind. It's not even worth arguing with them, because they won't listen until you "Get educated!"

I was informed that I couldn't be reached because you can't teach a pig to whistle. Also, I got called a fag...and I think arrogant. I really need a fucking hobby.

Making people upset on the internet IS a hobby!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2014, 03:24:09 PM
tumblr in general seems obsessed with correcting cartoons.  They don't seem to have realised cartoons are not intended to be documentaries.  It's really quite puzzling.

Nothing on tumblr puzzles me, except that Waffle is there, putting up very good photography.  Other than that, it is the worst people on Earth, the whining, privileged shitbags of the Western hemisphere, all smashed into one very smelly can.  There is nothing I have seen written there that has value, and everyone I have seen who does write there should be handed over to the Portland police department (equivalent for you would be Chelsea on a bad day).  For their own good.

:? But Tumblr isn't black.

:lulz: :horrormirth:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 06, 2014, 09:23:37 PM
Diagnosed with shingles today, and got frighteningly large pills. I find it somewhat amusing. Mainly because of the timing and location- last week of classes before finals and in my dominant hand.

Finals will do it every time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:37:54 PM
Diagnosed with shingles today, and got frighteningly large pills. I find it somewhat amusing. Mainly because of the timing and location- last week of classes before finals and in my dominant hand.

I can't even be annoyed by it, the timing is so funny.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 09:36:35 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2014, 03:24:09 PM
tumblr in general seems obsessed with correcting cartoons.  They don't seem to have realised cartoons are not intended to be documentaries.  It's really quite puzzling.

Nothing on tumblr puzzles me, except that Waffle is there, putting up very good photography.  Other than that, it is the worst people on Earth, the whining, privileged shitbags of the Western hemisphere, all smashed into one very smelly can.  There is nothing I have seen written there that has value, and everyone I have seen who does write there should be handed over to the Portland police department (equivalent for you would be Chelsea on a bad day).  For their own good.

:? But Tumblr isn't black.

:lulz: :horrormirth:

:thanks:

Suu

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 06, 2014, 07:24:35 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 06, 2014, 07:16:50 PM
Ugh, so I tried to go on my first substantial bike ride today.

I say tried in that I gave up half way because the hills were way more than I could handle. Yes, I know I live in New Hampshire these days and not, you know, Florida, but holy fuck. I can't tell if I'm THAT out of shape or just really don't have enough experience biking on hills to be able to handle it.

This is going to take some time. I was hoping to do a 10 mile race next month, but I think it's going to have to wait. Maybe I can do the 5 mile leg. :/

I ditched my car for a bike from 2007 to sometime in 2011. Averaged 8-10 miles a day with the occasional weekend 30+ miler. Ditched the car for a bike again last year and got halfway up a hill about 10 blocks from my house and flat died. Hills are definitely a great metric like that.

What do you ride?

I just picked up a cheap ass street bike from the NEX. Pacific.  We've already had to make some tweaks and I got a good seat for it, and overall it's a comfy ride, I'm just so not used to riding in a hilly area. I used to do triathlons when I was 18-19, but that was in Florida, and I trained 6 days out of the week. I need to remember I just can't do that right now. I need to work up to it. I'm not about to race again, I may do a small tour here and there, but this is for primarily buzzing around town for the summer and doing errands and staying active. Of course, town is full of little hills that just don't seem to exist when you're in the car.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Those InfoWars types don't like anyone but their own kind. It's not even worth arguing with them, because they won't listen until you "Get educated!"

I was informed that I couldn't be reached because you can't teach a pig to whistle. Also, I got called a fag...and I think arrogant. I really need a fucking hobby.

Do any of us really just confine this to online?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 06, 2014, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:37:54 PM

I can't even be annoyed by it, the timing is so funny.

I'm totally not joking. Next term you might want to dose on L-lysine and antivirals starting the Sunday before the last week of lectures. Cold sores, shingles, anything that can emerge while your immune system is suppressed, are famous for outbreaks right before finals.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 06, 2014, 09:44:20 PM

I'm inexplicably non-abrasive in person. I can say the most horrible things and people refuse to get offended. I can't figure it out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:46:12 PM

I'm inexplicably non-abrasive in person. I can say the most horrible things and people refuse to get offended. I can't figure it out.

This is a fact.  When Nigel came to Tucson, she was all smiles.  Super nice, and she didn't even stomp on the terrified peons as they groveled in abject fear at her feet.  Well, not much.  Some of them, she said, really had it coming.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Well, you ARE adorable.

Me? I have a look, apparently. It apparently wards off anyone who has any intentions of being social towards me. I had no idea until after high school when an old classmate found me on the internet and told me he was horrified to speak to me in fear that I would eat his soul. I don't think this is a good superpower to have.  :|
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 09:49:08 PM

This is a fact.  When Nigel came to Tucson, she was all smiles.  Super nice, and she didn't even stomp on the terrified peons as they groveled in abject fear at her feet.  Well, not much.  Some of them, she said, really had it coming.

When you've got that many dicks in that many asses, how much stomping do you really need to do?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 06, 2014, 09:56:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 09:49:08 PM

When you've got that many dicks in that many asses, how much stomping do you really need to do?

SHE HAS DEW-CLAWS THERE WAS GUTS EVERYWHERE OH GOD