OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

VNV Nation tomorrow in Boston.

My Doc Martens are so fucking lubed up right now I could probably kick them UP someone's ass.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, I plan to be in the Hub around 3:30-4pm. The MFA does voluntary contribution on Wednesday evenings so I plan to go see what they have. Anyone is welcome to join me. It's like having your own personal tour guide in the Classical and Medieval rooms, but none of that Modern Art shit. That room gives me a splitting headache.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 06, 2014, 09:32:02 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 06, 2014, 09:28:26 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 06, 2014, 09:23:37 PM
Diagnosed with shingles today, and got frighteningly large pills. I find it somewhat amusing. Mainly because of the timing and location- last week of classes before finals and in my dominant hand.

Shit, take it easy. Get well man.

Thanks man. It's been fucking with my sleep more than anything, because of the pain. Doctor gave me something for that too.

My brother has the same around his pec. You should be fine with the meds. Good to see it's nothing crazy man. I'll be sending you those gifts soon.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 06, 2014, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:37:54 PM
Diagnosed with shingles today, and got frighteningly large pills. I find it somewhat amusing. Mainly because of the timing and location- last week of classes before finals and in my dominant hand.

Finals will do it every time.

I can't even be annoyed by it, the timing is so funny.

I'm totally not joking. Next term you might want to dose on L-lysine and antivirals starting the Sunday before the last week of lectures. Cold sores, shingles, anything that can emerge while your immune system is suppressed, are famous for outbreaks right before finals.

That's a pretty good idea.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on May 07, 2014, 01:36:35 AM
Also, I plan to be in the Hub around 3:30-4pm. The MFA does voluntary contribution on Wednesday evenings so I plan to go see what they have. Anyone is welcome to join me. It's like having your own personal tour guide in the Classical and Medieval rooms, but none of that Modern Art shit. That room gives me a splitting headache.

I'm probably going to stay home for tomorrow, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I would.

Quote from: All father, Bearman on May 07, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

Thanks man. It's been fucking with my sleep more than anything, because of the pain. Doctor gave me something for that too.

My brother has the same around his pec. You should be fine with the meds. Good to see it's nothing crazy man. I'll be sending you those gifts soon.

Thanks man, looking forward to them! The rash is kinda gross, bit not over the top, and at least it's not in the crotchal area.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 07, 2014, 01:50:17 AM

I'm probably going to stay home for tomorrow, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I would.

Thanks man, looking forward to them! The rash is kinda gross, bit not over the top, and at least it's not in the crotchal area.

He thought he got the chicken pox, or worse some bad infection from the gym. He said it did hurt a lot though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All father, Bearman on May 07, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

He thought he got the chicken pox, or worse some bad infection from the gym. He said it did hurt a lot though.

Its a constant pain that waxes and wanes in intensity throughout the day and the amount of OTC painkillers you've taken. It can get pretty intense though. Right now my head's hurting the most for some reason, so I'm probably going to lie down shortly (got back from class late because of the MBTA, just ate a late dinner, drinking tea now).

The Good Reverend Roger

I just got over that a while back, you may recall.  Had the shit in my left eye.

And the neuralgia never went away.  Still there, making me more and more stable and even-tempered as time goes by.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Understandable. I know I can't catch them, but as a proud carrier of the Varicella Herpes Zoster via the old fashioned way, I'd rather not take any chances. Not to mention, you probably feel like assballs.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 07, 2014, 02:12:43 AM
I just got over that a while back, you may recall.  Had the shit in my left eye.

And the neuralgia never went away.  Still there, making me more and more stable and even-tempered as time goes by.

Yeah, ack.... eye....

Quote from: The Suu on May 07, 2014, 02:18:42 AM

Understandable. I know I can't catch them, but as a proud carrier of the Varicella Herpes Zoster via the old fashioned way, I'd rather not take any chances. Not to mention, you probably feel like assballs.

That, and the fact that it's a decent opportunity to study. Work's going to suck when I do have to go in though.

Suu

I really REALLY think I should get the Shingles vaccine. With the way I stress, I figure it's only a matter of time.

minuspace

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 07, 2014, 01:46:41 AM

I'm totally not joking. Next term you might want to dose on L-lysine and antivirals starting the Sunday before the last week of lectures. Cold sores, shingles, anything that can emerge while your immune system is suppressed, are famous for outbreaks right before finals.

Supposedly the Valtrex has sometimes been known to be more effective than Famvir, with prolonged use.  I suspect the "prolonged use" stipulation may have been used to explain why it took the makers of Famvir 10 years to release that data, however it remains unclear.(wiki)

They all seem to work if taken witin 72 hours of infection onset.  Bio-availability problems can be circumvented by i.v. administration.

I hope you banish the the fucker to oblivion. (get better soon)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LuciferX on May 07, 2014, 04:18:36 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 07, 2014, 01:46:41 AM

Supposedly the Valtrex has sometimes been known to be more effective than Famvir, with prolonged use.  I suspect the "prolonged use" stipulation may have been used to explain why it took the makers of Famvir 10 years to release that data, however it remains unclear.(wiki)

They all seem to work if taken witin 72 hours of infection onset.  Bio-availability problems can be circumvented by i.v. administration.

I hope you banish the the fucker to oblivion. (get better soon)

Thanks man. Valtrex is the antiviral they put me on (Neurontin the one that they gave me for the pain). Freaking huge.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 06, 2014, 09:44:20 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 06, 2014, 05:47:14 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 06, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
Those InfoWars types don't like anyone but their own kind. It's not even worth arguing with them, because they won't listen until you "Get educated!"

I was informed that I couldn't be reached because you can't teach a pig to whistle. Also, I got called a fag...and I think arrogant. I really need a fucking hobby.

Making people upset on the internet IS a hobby!

Do any of us really just confine this to online?

I'm inexplicably non-abrasive in person. I can say the most horrible things and people refuse to get offended. I can't figure it out.

This is a fact.  When Nigel came to Tucson, she was all smiles.  Super nice, and she didn't even stomp on the terrified peons as they groveled in abject fear at her feet.  Well, not much.  Some of them, she said, really had it coming.

BUT I SAY ALL THE SAME THINGS. With the same smile as ever!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on May 06, 2014, 09:55:52 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 06, 2014, 09:44:20 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 06, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 06, 2014, 05:47:14 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 06, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
Those InfoWars types don't like anyone but their own kind. It's not even worth arguing with them, because they won't listen until you "Get educated!"

I was informed that I couldn't be reached because you can't teach a pig to whistle. Also, I got called a fag...and I think arrogant. I really need a fucking hobby.

Making people upset on the internet IS a hobby!

Do any of us really just confine this to online?

I'm inexplicably non-abrasive in person. I can say the most horrible things and people refuse to get offended. I can't figure it out.

Well, you ARE adorable.

Me? I have a look, apparently. It apparently wards off anyone who has any intentions of being social towards me. I had no idea until after high school when an old classmate found me on the internet and told me he was horrified to speak to me in fear that I would eat his soul. I don't think this is a good superpower to have.  :|

I apparently have the exact opposite of Resting Bitchy Face.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."