News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 12, 2014, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 04:39:37 AM
Have you already been accepted to BU? The random thought I just had is that a lot of people don't know that when you're transferring in you want to apply usually at least nine months before you plan on attending, especially if you're going in as a Junior because Junior/Senior registration is often way earlier than you may expect it to be. PSU starts priority registration for Fall classes in a week and a half.

Not yet- It's going to be for Fall 2015, so I still have a bit of time for that.

This summer, I'm taking genetics and helping out a classmate with a cataloging project of urban plant life. I figure I would do internships after this summer. Actually I'm hoping that I might be able to split my time at the hospital between the office and something a little more hands on. Might also be a way for me to get paid more.

Genetics sounds like fun, and the cataloguing of urban plant life is a project you can use on your CV, probably. I don't even know when I'll get to take genetics. It's on my list, though.

It's going to be taught by my Gen Bio professor from last semester, and the classmate I'm helping is one of the other hand raisers that I've had as a classmate in both. Actually over the beer last week, it came out that we both thought of each other as competition last semester. He got a kick out of the fact that I referred to him in my head as redhead Jesus.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2014, 02:15:25 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 12, 2014, 02:12:15 PM
Bah.  Feeling the irrational melancholy creeping up.  Time to kick it in the nads.

I shall give you brain damage instead this morning (in about an hour), and you can replace one with the other.

Lovely!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 12, 2014, 02:26:02 PM
Have you already been accepted to BU? The random thought I just had is that a lot of people don't know that when you're transferring in you want to apply usually at least nine months before you plan on attending, especially if you're going in as a Junior because Junior/Senior registration is often way earlier than you may expect it to be. PSU starts priority registration for Fall classes in a week and a half.

Not yet- It's going to be for Fall 2015, so I still have a bit of time for that.

This summer, I'm taking genetics and helping out a classmate with a cataloging project of urban plant life. I figure I would do internships after this summer. Actually I'm hoping that I might be able to split my time at the hospital between the office and something a little more hands on. Might also be a way for me to get paid more.

Genetics sounds like fun, and the cataloguing of urban plant life is a project you can use on your CV, probably. I don't even know when I'll get to take genetics. It's on my list, though.

It's going to be taught by my Gen Bio professor from last semester, and the classmate I'm helping is one of the other hand raisers that I've had as a classmate in both. Actually over the beer last week, it came out that we both thought of each other as competition last semester. He got a kick out of the fact that I referred to him in my head as redhead Jesus.

:lol: Competitive biology?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 02:54:16 PM

I guess  :lulz:

It's a silly thought, because the only person who has a bearing on my grades is me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 12, 2014, 02:58:07 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 02:54:16 PM

I guess  :lulz:

It's a silly thought, because the only person who has a bearing on my grades is me.

But then you realized, find that one guy in class and make him your research buddy! Smart move.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somewhere along the line I seem to have picked up a persistent, energy-sapping malaise that is leading me to feel not quite well but not totally sick pretty much all the time. Started about a week and a half - two weeks ago and just won't let up.

Not entirely unrelated to this, I have a friend who might be about to get unfriended if she can't stop being pushy about spending time with me when I've told her I'm feeling under the weather.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pretty sure she just wants to tell me about boning her latest dude, which I don't want to hear anyway. She needs to get some more interesting things to talk about, because recently she seems to have mistaken her friends for readers of 50 Shades of Gray.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 03:11:40 PM
Pretty sure she just wants to tell me about boning her latest dude, which I don't want to hear anyway. She needs to get some more interesting things to talk about, because recently she seems to have mistaken her friends for readers of 50 Shades of Gray.

Ew.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

Ew.

Yeah. It's pretty bad. And she just isn't getting the hint, which in my case was a subtle "Dude, I really don't want to hear the grotty details of your sex life". Now, instead of just launching into the grotty details, she prefaces them with "sorry for the TMI" as if that fixes everything.

She's started dating a friend of mine, and now I REALLY REALLY don't want to hear them, but from the way she's insisting that we hang out this week I gather she's itching to tell me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 03:16:44 PM

Ew.

Yeah. It's pretty bad. And she just isn't getting the hint, which in my case was a subtle "Dude, I really don't want to hear the grotty details of your sex life". Now, instead of just launching into the grotty details, she prefaces them with "sorry for the TMI" as if that fixes everything.

She's started dating a friend of mine, and now I REALLY REALLY don't want to hear them, but from the way she's insisting that we hang out this week I gather she's itching to tell me.

You could use the Roger Approach, here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 09, 2014, 05:13:29 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on May 09, 2014, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 08, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
There's a damned decent pierogi place not far from here. My brother-in-law and I were checking it out one day and an old Polish guy took out his accordion and started playing. We ordered beers, and while drinking them realized we've been to so many Oktoberfests that every time we hear accordions, we're conditioned to want to drink.

I would love a good pierogi place. But you live on the other side of Boston in far-away land. However, I did get some tasty pierogis at the farmer's market last summer.

:lol:  Bless the poor soul that is compelled to chicken dance and drink beer any time an accordion is played

Look up Cafe Polonia on the south side of Boston, it's not nearly as far as the place in Fall River I'm talking about, and their kielbasa is far superior. The pierogis and golumpkis are quite good as well.

Cool, thanks! Good kielbasa is definitely a must. For living only half hour away (give or take) I don't go into Boston all that much but I would plan a day trip to try this sometime
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2014, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 03:16:44 PM

Ew.

You could use the Roger Approach, here.

It might become necessary. She's a sweet girl, we have been friends for about seven years, but she's out of control.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 05:38:58 PM
It might become necessary. She's a sweet girl, we have been friends for about seven years, but she's out of control.

The Roger Approach can save friendships.

Because all you do is say "NO" whenever the subject comes up.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 12, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

The Roger Approach can save friendships.

Because all you do is say "NO" whenever the subject comes up.

I'm sold! I'll try this next time I see her.

Cain

Still working on this essay.  Might have it done by tomorrow evening...if I make good time. 

And christ, I get all the loonies following me on Twitter.  Last week it was some guy who tries to do geopolitical analysis alongside eschatological analysis of a Christian variety, and today it's a Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi groupie.  I mean, shit, being a Beliber is more respectable than that nonsense.