News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2014, 03:42:07 PM
So, some Safety Nazi in HR has decided to outlaw e-cigs in offices.  And our cheese-sucking Safety Officer finds this (it was published in an obscure manner), and decides to announce it in the staff meeting, making it un-ignorable (which was my boss's intent).  He sat there looking all pleased with himself, completely oblivious to the raw hatred on Lilly's face (his supervisor), because she hasn't had to smell smoke on peoples' clothes in almost a year, and that smell makes her ill.

Between this and his attempt to fuck me over 2 weeks ago, I am disappointed.  I thought we finally had an SO that was worth a shit.

I have yet to hear or read ANY logically consistent justification for banning e-cigs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 14, 2014, 09:27:24 PM
Got an A in Microbiology, and a B- in general bio. I'm expecting probably a C of some sort in biotech and an F in algebra due to inability to catch up on the course work. So I'm just going to take the placement test next week and make the course unnecessary.

Woo for the decent grades, and kick that F in the ass!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just got home. I'm so looking forward to no more 13-hour school days, to a cherry-picked schedule, and to free time. About a month to go.

I got a shitty grade on my chemistry midterm, but it's recoverable. The midterm was the same week as my trip to Eugene for the scholarship interview AND my research presentation at PSU, so I just flat out ran out of time to study. My lab scores are all perfect, and I am pretty sure I can ace the second final and probably do pretty well on the ACS exam.

Next up: the bio lab practicum, Friday. I think I'll do OK, it's A&P and I seem to have a pretty high capacity for memorizing shit.

I got my Research Methods textbook today, and thumbed through it. I'm kind of stoked.

Suu

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 15, 2014, 03:51:09 AM
So, some Safety Nazi in HR has decided to outlaw e-cigs in offices.  And our cheese-sucking Safety Officer finds this (it was published in an obscure manner), and decides to announce it in the staff meeting, making it un-ignorable (which was my boss's intent).  He sat there looking all pleased with himself, completely oblivious to the raw hatred on Lilly's face (his supervisor), because she hasn't had to smell smoke on peoples' clothes in almost a year, and that smell makes her ill.

Between this and his attempt to fuck me over 2 weeks ago, I am disappointed.  I thought we finally had an SO that was worth a shit.

I have yet to hear or read ANY logically consistent justification for banning e-cigs.

There is none, other than that they want to mark it as a "tobacco" product.

What tobacco? That's fucking water vapor, propylene glycol and nicotine!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

I had a chat with the HR chief, and she has no idea who banned them.

If I can get this overturned, I pretty much have bragging rights forever.  As for now, cheerfully disregarding the rule.  Let the bastards fire me, I could do without the stress.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just broke a fucking  tooth.

The earliest dental appointment at the clinic that takes my broke-ass student coverage is in July. :(

minuspace

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 15, 2014, 05:27:08 AM

The earliest dental appointment at the clinic that takes my broke-ass student coverage is in July. :(
That's just not right.  You need to talk to someone else at the clinic.  I mean, are they paying for the fucking ensure till then?  Or else?  These are the kinds of things that get my dog all agitated and such...

Does the student body have a cafeteria that serves rice?  It would not look good if they served you something undercooked that chipped your smile.  That touches a nerve :argh!:

Nephew Twiddleton

Eeek. Sorry to hear it, Nigel.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

It's time to offer online feedback on the school cafe!

"Do you have any other feedback about cafe or cafeteria food options that you would like to share?"
Me: "Just more variety. Also, the pizza is unsatisfying. Its tomato layer may as well be not existent and the cheese layer doesn't stick to it very well, but rather has a tendency to slough off as a cheese sheet, leaving an unappealing bit of crust. A salad bar is a great idea, and maybe a few more soups. It's also hard to see what sort of hot food is available- it's behind the cashiers, and condensed water vapor in the containers obscures what you're looking at so you can't see what you're looking at other than some sort of food like blur in a clear plastic box, so there's the process of blocking the door to see what's in there, not seeing anything, getting into line and then holding up the line to ask what's in there. Put the food somewhere else so we can make a decision without holding up the line. Also, see if you can do something about the layout. The door is a pain in the ass for people trying to get in and out when it's busy, and if a cashier needs to get out and do something, he or she can't without having to deal with the same pain in the ass. Keep up the good work with the coffee though."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

:sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Die, puny humans.

HATE HATE HATE...aw, fukkit.

I am too tired to work up a proper head of steam on this.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

It's a multi-part proof. Here's the steps:

1. They look like, act like, or in some other way are related to cigarettes.
2. Cigarettes are bad.
3. mm'kay!

Pretty irrefutable, that.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 15, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

It's a multi-part proof. Here's the steps:

1. They look like, act like, or in some other way are related to cigarettes.
2. Cigarettes are bad.
3. mm'kay!

Pretty irrefutable, that.

The school I worked at banned them.  But we had irrefutable logic for doing so:

1) People under 16 using them
2) People not using them in the designated smoking area on the school site, but instead in their bedrooms
3) People buying experimental liquid solutions online to stick in their e-cig

I assume none of these problems apply to a workplace, though.

Cain

Also, I'm off working until Saturday sometime.  See ya later.