News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Also, LMNO, shitting on someone for discovering an artist because you don't like said artist is a really douchey thing to do.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Like I said, I knew her IRL before she got famous.  Sometimes even a successful woman can simply be a jerk to the people around her.

And yeah, sometimes an unsuccessful man (such as myself) can be a douche.  I'll go stand in the corner.

EK WAFFLR

To be clear, and sorry if I wasn't, I was definitely not talking about you in that first comment. You're better people than that.

However, you do tend to come off as a bit monomaniacal in your AP hate, which makes you seem a bit bitter.

Kind of like I tended to be when it came to Satyricon, until people asked me to shut the fuck up about it.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Yeah, I get you.  To put something positive out there to balance the scales, I also knew/worked with Annie Clarke when she was living in Boston, and she's a very genuine and nice person, and can play a mean guitar.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 19, 2014, 04:20:56 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 19, 2014, 03:07:38 AM
So I was out BBQing with my dad over at his place, and another fucking hornet got me.  It starts floating around, so I'm all like "I'll just ignore him and he'll go away".  Except that what the little shit DID was to fly right into my face and sting me twice on the right eyebrow.  Now I look like Rocky at the end of the 4th movie.;

Time for more revenge on the hornet/wasp world.

They're after you.

You keep telling me this place is uninhabitable, but I'm too SMART to listen.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Thanks for the messages, everyone.

Things are still...ongoing, so I'm currently spending my time mapping tumblr's (surprisingly extensive) white-nationalist and neofascist blogs.

It's depressing, but a different kind of depressing.

The Good Reverend Roger

BECAUSE I am fucked up on new & better pills, and
BECAUSE I am full of malice for my coworkers, and
BECAUSE I had to wake up this morning,
I have turned off all the water to the office complex.
Go ahead.  Bad mouth the plumber again.

TGRR,
Dancing on a single thread.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 19, 2014, 03:13:41 PM
You make work more interesting.

I just like to watch the bastards staggering around, looking for a functional toilet.

Yeah, again, that plumber guy they like to make fun of...No college, so he must be a moron.  Only he's the guy who actually knows how to fix xhit.

Cain

Incidentally, if you wondered what sort of enlightened, intelligent conversations the Bright Young Fascists on tumblr like to discuss...well, there's a lot of this:

And this:

And whining about how pretty much everything is this:

The Good Reverend Roger

3 hours of sleep, extra sleep pills, enough antihisitamines to choke a whale.

It took 3 minutes to type the first sentenct.

LMNO

trix

So I have this friend, who is part of a group of friends I play cards with a lot, but who I don't socialize or hang out with outside of the group.

Anyway, he's loud and obnoxious, which I tend to have a high tolerance for so no big deal, but my major problem with this guy is that he's between 30 and 40 years old and somehow still thinks it's "cool" or whatever to brag about how trashed and half-asleep he was while driving 30 miles home last night.

Yes, this guy BRAGS about his drunk driving.  I try not to judge people, being a half-retarded weirdo myself, but this fucking bothers me to no end.  There are people I give a shit about, that could be on the roads with this asshole.

Pointing out how dumb this is, usually gets met with "Yeah man I know but I didn't have much choice" followed by more bragging and stories of how he gets away with it when there's police.

I am morally opposed to involving police in anything whatsoever no matter what.  However, I am also strongly morally opposed to letting this asshole kill a family because he can't plan his drinking nights responsibly.

I am trying to figure out what my options are here.  Any thoughts?  Anyone else have experience dealing with this kind of thing?  I've been to a bar three times in the last decade, and I'm 30, so I have pretty much zero experience with alcohol and people drinking it.  Maybe I'm just too passive about it and need to call the fucker out in front of everyone?  This doesn't seem the type of guy to respond well to pulling him aside and trying to reason with him.  Previous attempts at such resulted in the easy "Yeah yeah man I know I try not to do it but this case was different because ______".

I just don't know what to do, but I don't want to fall into the "Somebody Else's Problem" mindset until I hear his next drunk driving story on the news rather than from his mouth.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Cain

So let me get this straight...you're morally opposed to involving the police in a situation where they can and actually probably should do something?

I get why you don't like the police...but are you really saying you value that principle above others lives?  Suck it up and report the bastard.  Either that or go kneecap him yourself.  Don't be a moron.

The Good Reverend Roger