News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 20, 2014, 02:32:29 PM
How would you rate yesterday's chemistry experiment?

The Pit, to be perfectly honest.  It was like living in a toilet bowl.  A full toilet bowl.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2014, 03:01:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 20, 2014, 02:32:29 PM
How would you rate yesterday's chemistry experiment?

The Pit, to be perfectly honest.  It was like living in a toilet bowl.  A full toilet bowl.

Ewwww
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 20, 2014, 03:40:28 PM
Guah.  That sounds awful.

Well, I had a couple of choices.

1.  Let my left eye swell shut, or

2.  Take contraindicated drugs.  For SCIENCE.

Now, you've known me all these years and ASSUMING I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM, which option do you think I'd take?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

You're a man of SCIENCE.  And they called you mad at University.

MAD!

:magick:

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

My youngest graduates high school today.

I feel about 9 different emotions, all of which are beating the mortal shit out of each other to let me know how I feel about this.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2014, 09:39:49 AM
Got a think tank interview.  Which clashes with my work schedule for this week.  :sad: Gonna see what my options are.

Fingers crossed for everything that's going on in your life ATM Cain
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

I feel about 9 different emotions, all of which are beating the mortal shit out of each other to let me know how I feel about this.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 20, 2014, 04:21:36 PM

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

So far, "Pride" has "Nostalgia" in a headlock and is delivering noogies, but "feeling old" is creeping up on him with a folding chair.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Awww :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

I went with the name and shame method, a few other friends joined in ragging on the dipshit for his BS, making him go all defensive and start spouting excuses.  Once he realized that wasn't working he got all huffy and left.  Hopefully he actually heard what we were saying through the haze of butthurt, and stops being a douche.  The other way, of course, is we don't see him around anymore or at least very much, and he keeps up with his asshattery habits.  If it feels like he's going with the latter I might have to do something more direct, but for now I guess it's wait and see.

Heh, hopefully the winner is one of the fun ones like "enthusiastic" or "excited".  Are you doing anything special or celebratory?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on May 20, 2014, 07:04:26 PM

Heh, hopefully the winner is one of the fun ones like "enthusiastic" or "excited".  Are you doing anything special or celebratory?

Not particularly.  Her grandparents are in town, but mostly she's going to go out with her friends, as she should.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just got a call that my research methods class has been changed to an online class, so I registered for Perception, which looks good.

My schedule couldn't be more perfect this summer; late mornings, Monday through Thursday, with one online class. And one trip to the coast! All psychology, except for the geology field trip.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."