OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 22, 2014, 02:43:46 PM
What people don't seem to understand is that ZANY translates out directly to ANNOYING AND TEDIOUS.

They really just don't seem to get that. And done. Over and over and over again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 22, 2014, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 22, 2014, 02:26:52 PM
It occurs to me that the smartest guy in the room has a brother: The funniest guy in the room.

I want to stab that guy.

Oh you just fucking nailed it. So hard.

Feel free to try and do something with that. It's your theme after all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 22, 2014, 09:09:16 PM
It occurs to me that the smartest guy in the room has a brother: The funniest guy in the room.

I want to stab that guy.

I think you own this one; it's just absolutely perfect. If you don't want to write it up, though, I might take a crack at it after the end of the term.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 22, 2014, 09:11:41 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 22, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

I want to stab that guy.

I think you own this one; it's just absolutely perfect. If you don't want to write it up, though, I might take a crack at it after the end of the term.

I may give it a try tomorrow, I'll see if anything occurs.

LMNO

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, you guys! I was perusing the Junior class offerings and they are themes like "Science and Society", "Science, Technology, and Politics", and "Exploring Socio-Ecological Systems". I'm excited! My first year in the college will be classes and research, and my second year I'll be expected to pursue an original line of research and write a thesis oriented toward addressing some urban issue. Lots of ideas floating around in my head! This is a real opportunity to affect change, as research and proposals originating here can and do make it into state legislation with some frequency. I want to pick something good.

This is the homepage: http://www.pdx.edu/honors/

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am already thinking that what I'm going to research is going to be related to attitudes in children under the age of 15 toward vaccination.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

This weekend is the camping event that practically gave me PTSD last year because of the weather. This year isn't looking great, but at least there's no chance of freezing rain and ankle-deep mud. Good times. Sometimes I wonder why I do what the hell I do.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

More beers with George. More nerdy convo. We've got two weeks of Fuck all time. We've aged that next time we'll get beers at the Squealing Pig (bar closest my work)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS