News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 03:46:40 AM
Quote from: Pæs on May 27, 2014, 11:37:42 PM
Look after yourself, Roger!

I am in Texas.  There is no "looking after oneself."

Anyway, my problems are not manageable, so the angel of apathy came by and hit me with a stick, and I won't care until I get back to Tucson.  Which is farther away than tomorrow.  Which means "never" or "some nebulous point in the future.

In case I haven't made myself obvious, this isn't anything I want to discuss in public.

LITERALLY the last post you made before accusing everyone of ignoring you.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 09:19:14 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 28, 2014, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 09:07:43 PM
Amazing.  It's almost like I'm a person.

I caught that too. Something in particular pissing you off? Beyond the usual pineal nonsense I mean.

Not really.  I haven't slept in a while, I'm surrounded by Texans who make me realize my memories of Texas are a little rose-colored (and that is saying something, let me tell you), and I have some personal issues that are putting me right up a tree...And I no longer have anyone who I can talk to about it.  I have at some point become a pain in the ass to be tolerated when I can't be avoided.

This causes all manner of irrational behavior.  Like being silly enough to get pissed because of my posts being buried alive, and having two or three zany types running around with their underwear on their heads.

I could get my shit together if I could get some sleep.  I'd get some sleep if my shit was together.

Sorry to hear it. How long are you in Texas until?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

I fly back Friday.

Frying pan/fire

Anyway, I apologize to everyone.  You didn't deserve the above shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pæs

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 09:38:12 PM

Anyway, my problems are not manageable, so the angel of apathy came by and hit me with a stick, and I won't care until I get back to Tucson.  Which is farther away than tomorrow.  Which means "never" or "some nebulous point in the future.

In case I haven't made myself obvious, this isn't anything I want to discuss in public.

Yeah, sorry man if that wasn't the objective there. I read that as SHUT UP, so I SHUT UP, hoping I had communicated that I would like stuff to go well for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on May 28, 2014, 10:07:36 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 09:38:12 PM

Yeah, sorry man if that wasn't the objective there. I read that as SHUT UP, so I SHUT UP, hoping I had communicated that I would like stuff to go well for you.

My apologies.  I'm a bit of a shitnugget right now.

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Got my 2nd midterm score for Biology, it was 92%. Second midterm for chemistry is... I don't fucking know. Hopefully not today? Probably Monday. The dates are all fucked up in the syllabus. Project presentation for Chemistry is June 3, for Biology is June 6, biology final and the ACS exam are June 9. Somewhere in there is also a geology lab final but I no longer care, and then for some reason I have a whole week before my geology final. I plan to spend that entire week just being fucking glad chemistry is over.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
I fly back Friday.

Frying pan/fire

No worries. Obviously you're stressed right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:13:08 PM
Got my 2nd midterm score for Biology, it was 92%. Second midterm for chemistry is... I don't fucking know. Hopefully not today? Probably Monday. The dates are all fucked up in the syllabus. Project presentation for Chemistry is June 3, for Biology is June 6, biology final and the ACS exam are June 9. Somewhere in there is also a geology lab final but I no longer care, and then for some reason I have a whole week before my geology final. I plan to spend that entire week just being fucking glad chemistry is over.

Well done.  Biology-wise.  Good luck with the chemistry midterm.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
I fly back Friday.

Frying pan/fire

No worries. Obviously you're stressed right now.

Just a tad.   :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just want to take a moment to mention that absolutely without any actual fucking around, the second Chemistry midterm appears to be taking place five days before the final. Because that makes PERFECT actual fucking sense.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:15:43 PM
I just want to take a moment to mention that absolutely without any actual fucking around, the second Chemistry midterm appears to be taking place five days before the final. Because that makes PERFECT actual fucking sense.

It is well-documented that all midterms are every day.  Even after the term.  Ten years after you get your doctorate, there will be a midterm.  Every day.  Maybe twice.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm on the phone refilling my fucking blood pressure medication RIGHT FUCKING NOW.