News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:15:43 PM
I just want to take a moment to mention that absolutely without any actual fucking around, the second Chemistry midterm appears to be taking place five days before the final. Because that makes PERFECT actual fucking sense.

It is well-documented that all midterms are every day.  Even after the term.  Ten years after you get your doctorate, there will be a midterm.  Every day.  Maybe twice.

:horrormirth: This is Hell, isn't it? I was bad, and now I'm dead.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I am questioning whether or not it is in fact necessary to be dead to be in hell.  I mean, what if revelation happened and nobody fucking noticed?  The only guy to get "taken up" was some Amish dude in Pennsylvania, and 7-headed beasties wouldn't even get a sideways look in Fat City.

People you thought you knew REALLY WELL go sideways on you, the people you want around wander off, and then, gratuitously, Texas.

Of course it's Hell.  If it were purgatory, some monk would be selling tickets out.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

It's time for my Annual Performance Appraisal where my boss tells me how well I met the goals we agreed upon at the start of the year.

Only, my direct superior just left and we didn't agree on any goals a year ago, so someone is going to make up arbitrary goals right now and decide whether I met them earlier in the year.

Pæs

TEN POINTS OFF FOR NOT KNOWING IT WAS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FLARGLE THE JIBBAWHATSIT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:24:57 PM
I am questioning whether or not it is in fact necessary to be dead to be in hell.  I mean, what if revelation happened and nobody fucking noticed?  The only guy to get "taken up" was some Amish dude in Pennsylvania, and 7-headed beasties wouldn't even get a sideways look in Fat City.

People you thought you knew REALLY WELL go sideways on you, the people you want around wander off, and then, gratuitously, Texas.

Of course it's Hell.  If it were purgatory, some monk would be selling tickets out.

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on May 28, 2014, 10:30:35 PM
It's time for my Annual Performance Appraisal where my boss tells me how well I met the goals we agreed upon at the start of the year.

Only, my direct superior just left and we didn't agree on any goals a year ago, so someone is going to make up arbitrary goals right now and decide whether I met them earlier in the year.

Now,  that sounds like utter bullshit.

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:24:57 PM

:eek:

Pæs

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:33:30 PM

Now,  that sounds like utter bullshit.

This is basically my reply email to being notified of this.

Pæs

Right, we could do that. But why not strive for a solution which isn't totally farcical plz?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On a brighter note, my boyfriend is back from camping, and we got to enjoy one of the side-benefits of him looking his age; he's 50, and while he's in fantastically good shape, he looks it. I don't look my age. The bartender thought he was my dad. :lol: I'm going to start calling him "Daddy" in public.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have to write my own reviews.

I gather I am supposed to beat myself up a bit.  I instead stick to the unvarnished truth.  Running across lakes, water into wine, etc.

In any case, I have managed to communicate my woe, this weird fucking surreal thing my life has turned into, and now I feel a bit better, if not entirely back on kilter.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
On a brighter note, my boyfriend is back from camping, and we got to enjoy one of the side-benefits; he's 50, and while he's in fantastically good shape, he looks it. I don't look my age. The bartender thought he was my dad. :lol: I'm going to start calling him "Daddy" in public.

You're bad.   :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
On a brighter note, my boyfriend is back from camping, and we got to enjoy one of the side-benefits; he's 50, and while he's in fantastically good shape, he looks it. I don't look my age. The bartender thought he was my dad. :lol: I'm going to start calling him "Daddy" in public.

You're bad.   :lol:

:lol: He might look like he's in pain, but he likes it.

Raz Tech

I had something similar to me happen a couple years back.  Company transferred me to a new "position" (same job new boss) right before evaluations.  Naturally, I went from top performer to lowest score because I had only worked for him for ten days, where as the people I'm evaluated against have been there for 5+ years.  If I didn't actually enjoy my job, I would have quit right then.

Pæs

WELP. That resolved itself quickly. "You're right, that is a total sham. We'll figure out a way to handle this better."

UNCHARACTERISTICALLY FLEXIBLE FOR A CORPORATE.

I should be scared?