News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
On a brighter note, my boyfriend is back from camping, and we got to enjoy one of the side-benefits; he's 50, and while he's in fantastically good shape, he looks it. I don't look my age. The bartender thought he was my dad. :lol: I'm going to start calling him "Daddy" in public.

You're bad.   :lol:

:lol: He might look like he's in pain, but he likes it.

:lol:

We're all that way.  We say NO SHIT STOP THE MADNESS but what we really mean is AAAAAIIIIIEEEEE!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on May 28, 2014, 10:50:40 PM
WELP. That resolved itself quickly. "You're right, that is a total sham. We'll figure out a way to handle this better."

UNCHARACTERISTICALLY FLEXIBLE FOR A CORPORATE.

I should be scared?

No, we corporate swine are human, too.  We're just not very good at it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pæs

Maybe I am just super good at emails that communicate:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:52:23 PM
WELP. That resolved itself quickly. "You're right, that is a total sham. We'll figure out a way to handle this better."

I should be scared?

No, we corporate swine are human, too.  We're just not very good at it.
Yeah, or this.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:41:37 PM
I have to write my own reviews.

I gather I am supposed to beat myself up a bit.  I instead stick to the unvarnished truth.  Running across lakes, water into wine, etc.

In any case, I have managed to communicate my woe, this weird fucking surreal thing my life has turned into, and now I feel a bit better, if not entirely back on kilter.

CAN WE HELP?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

So a million people are going to see a picture of me in a magazine with a big jonah crab claw sticking out of my pants.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Raz Tech

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 28, 2014, 11:18:34 PM
So a million people are going to see a picture of me in a magazine with a big jonah crab claw sticking out of my pants.
Do share.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 28, 2014, 11:18:34 PM

Woot!

And I've added a couple more chapters to LDW while you've been gone.  More to follow, once I get out of this hellhole.

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that Mario should have been arrested, given how long he stalked the princess though all those castles.

Some guys just can't take no for an answer.

East Coast Hustle

Mario was a really nice guy.

And as soon as the issue is published (it's just the picture in an ad we're running, not part of an article or anything) I'll get you guys a pic. I consider this a crowning achievement. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
I fly back Friday.

Frying pan/fire

Anyway, I apologize to everyone.  You didn't deserve the above shit.

It's all good, boss.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:51:33 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
On a brighter note, my boyfriend is back from camping, and we got to enjoy one of the side-benefits; he's 50, and while he's in fantastically good shape, he looks it. I don't look my age. The bartender thought he was my dad. :lol: I'm going to start calling him "Daddy" in public.

You're bad.   :lol:

:lol: He might look like he's in pain, but he likes it.

:lol:

We're all that way.  We say NO SHIT STOP THE MADNESS but what we really mean is AAAAAIIIIIEEEEE!

:lulz: I had a feeling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 29, 2014, 02:04:36 AM
Mario was a really nice guy.

Let's consider that.

After running, jumping and killing a range of native flora and fauna, Mario ends his escapades in each land with a home invasion resulting in the death of the owner. A guest of the owner is terrified by Mario's rampage and does the most sensible thing he can - Send him somewhere with nastier inhabitants hoping that one will stop the terror. Luckily the natives sacrifice has given the woman enough time to flee to another safehouse. Unfortunately this safe house is located in the area Mario just got sent to.

Did I mention that all the plants and animals are coated in super-anthrax that causes death on touch? Well they are, so Mario needs to stamp on the heads of every living thing in his path to survive.

In conclusion, Marioworld is a clear death-trap and you'd have to be a fucking moron to go anywhere near it, let alone stalk a woman across multiple continents.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So weird... I'm kinda drunk, because I had a bottle of wine with my housemates. So, I used to be beautiful, when I was young. And I was pretty wealthy, for a while. But I swear, I was never as happy as I am now, even though I'm old, chubby, and poor. I kind of wish I'd known how to be happy back when I was beautiful and rich, because that seems like it would have been a good combination.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

I should be scared?

I would suggest that due to use of the word "farcical" the e-mail has been read by someone who has assumed you're an underemployed law graduate looking for reasons to sue.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 29, 2014, 08:02:19 AM
So weird... I'm kinda drunk, because I had a bottle of wine with my housemates. So, I used to be beautiful, when I was young. And I was pretty wealthy, for a while. But I swear, I was never as happy as I am now, even though I'm old, chubby, and poor. I kind of wish I'd known how to be happy back when I was beautiful and rich, because that seems like it would have been a good combination.

Stop that. You're lovely.

I know the feeling, I do it too, but, stop it. You may not be young anymore, or as thin as you were, but you're still very beautiful, even if your perception of that beauty has changed, I don't think it has to the ones that actually see you daily.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."