News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

So at work I was doing an endless pile of dishes and thinking it would be cool to do like five Little Golden Book-esqe children's books all Discordian style with pictures and shit. Probably fewer pictures than LGBs but you get the idea. One for Nessies, one for Marrowman, one for Skinsaw Queen/LO, one for the Lost Highway, and one for something else I've forgotten but written down somewhere else I think.

Bonus would be a hymnal full of our most sacred songs from the Christmasy ones to Roger hates all the people. Hehehe. It was an entertaining idea.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

The douchewasps are back and just took down one of my fuzzy shinybutt wood bees like something out of a horror film.

I just put out a DIY wasp trap to see if I can get them the hell out of here. I have no idea where the nest is, but if I can reduce the population, that should help greatly.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on June 02, 2014, 02:31:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 02, 2014, 01:23:18 AM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on June 01, 2014, 06:45:14 PM
I not longer care AT ALL about Chemistry,

Chemistry is unloved and alone.   :cry:

Chemistry deserves it.

No shit.  Fucking eager solids running around trying their best PUA speak, etc. 

I think we can live without chemistry.  What's it ever done for US?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 02, 2014, 10:27:26 PM

Chemistry deserves it.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I get to be a Turtle Monitor this summer. I'm so excited. I will hand out little turtle passes when a turtle needs to use the restroom.

Suu

Chemistry deserves it.

Hydrogen is such a slut. She bonds to everything she can get her ion.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Trivial

Quote from: The Suu on June 03, 2014, 01:19:10 AM

Chemistry deserves it.

I'm now going to use this at work.  See how many groans I get.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Suu

Quote from: Trivial on June 03, 2014, 03:10:49 AM

Chemistry deserves it.

I'm now going to use this at work.  See how many groans I get.

:thanks:

In unrelated news, I just ordered 45 yards of linen in one go. My UPS guy is going to hate me next week.

In related unrelatedness, I watched last night's Game of Thrones tonight after dinner. I am not eating watermelon for a while.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Chemistry deserves it.

Except in degeneration. I mean, it's a whole other picture (and element) then.

Junkenstein

In related Game of Thrones news, I'm impressed how there's been more plot in the last month than in the past say, 10 years. Increasingly confident that they'll wrap it up in 7 seasons.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 07:11:50 AM
In related Game of Thrones news, I'm impressed how there's been more plot in the last month than in the past say, 10 years. Increasingly confident that they'll wrap it up in 7 seasons.

I'm just watching the TV show, not reading the books but I've enjoyed that this series has picked up the pace. Season one had a solid fast moving plot, season two was excruciatingly slow, season three sped up towards the end and season four has had something significant happen every episode.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

It's one of the few things where I now actively discourage people from reading the books at all.

The first few were quite good but he's spent the last decade rolling around in his own shit with a terrible editor. The fandom and general sycophancy around the man is quite repellent as well. Apparently a couple of hundred words a year is a totally acceptable rate to write at and saying otherwise is heresy of the highest order.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2014, 09:10:24 AM
It's one of the few things where I now actively discourage people from reading the books at all.

The first few were quite good but he's spent the last decade rolling around in his own shit with a terrible editor. The fandom and general sycophancy around the man is quite repellent as well. Apparently a couple of hundred words a year is a totally acceptable rate to write at and saying otherwise is heresy of the highest order.

Yeah, I don't read fantasy I don't enjoy it, but the show drew me in right away.

Hopefully the serial killer who kills sci-fi/fantasy authors when they get to their second last book in a lengthy series wont do to him what he did to Robert Jordan, David Gemmel, Frank Herbert and countless others.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Strangely, I'm hoping for the opposite. If anything, the series now needs to be written by someone else. The guy has been on his second to last book for years and isn't looking and closer to finishing at all. The main selling point of the series for me was that they refused to start making it at all unless key end plot were revealed to them. That's pretty much made me stop caring about his badly written crap entirely.

It also amuses me how he keeps on trying to shove this "Wildcards" rubbish whenever he gets the chance. Talk about someone really not understanding why they're famous at all.