News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

So, right as I am about to give up my space my tenent brings in another and I have them both signed up for a year lease.

Which means my stressors have dropped by about 169%.

Gonna be a good summer.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The fact that I have an exam in two hours and need quiet time for study seems to leverage zero impact on the other denizens of my home.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think one of the things that frustrates me about chemistry this term is that the professor is not very good at math, and flips out if we solve problems in ways other than the way she does it, which is really upsetting because more than once I've looked at a problem and worked out how to solve it in a way that makes sense, and she's told me it was wrong, even though I had the correct answer, and then she was like "you have to prove that the math works" and I said "it's all right here, written out, it's just I did the conversions at the beginning rather than the end and multiplied this by 1/2 rather than divided by 2" etc. and then she's like "well if I can't follow it I can't tell it's right" and I'm all AAAAAAARRRRGH
and the way she solves equations makes no fucking sense half the time, plus she gets lost and confused when demonstrating one and then just gives up.

I am starting to suspect that she went onto organic chemistry because it's so much less math than other subfields, but her expertise in ochem is not helping me with buffers or electromagnetism or nuclear chemistry.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 04, 2014, 11:38:40 PM
I think one of the things that frustrates me about chemistry this term is that the professor is not very good at math, and flips out if we solve problems in ways other than the way she does it, which is really upsetting because more than once I've looked at a problem and worked out how to solve it in a way that makes sense, and she's told me it was wrong, even though I had the correct answer, and then she was like "you have to prove that the math works" and I said "it's all right here, written out, it's just I did the conversions at the beginning rather than the end and multiplied this by 1/2 rather than divided by 2" etc. and then she's like "well if I can't follow it I can't tell it's right" and I'm all AAAAAAARRRRGH
and the way she solves equations makes no fucking sense half the time, plus she gets lost and confused when demonstrating one and then just gives up.

I am starting to suspect that she went onto organic chemistry because it's so much less math than other subfields, but her expertise in ochem is not helping me with buffers or electromagnetism or nuclear chemistry.

There are very few things as frustrating as a bad teacher.

Luna

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 04, 2014, 11:27:13 PM
The fact that I have an exam in two hours and need quiet time for study seems to leverage zero impact on the other denizens of my home.

Nigel them.  Use the studded one.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on June 05, 2014, 12:12:02 AM

I think she's talking about her kids.

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2014, 01:55:55 AM
Quote from: Luna on June 05, 2014, 12:12:02 AM

I think she's talking about her kids.

Yeah. I am.