News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 06, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Today was grandmother's funeral.  So I won't be talking much.

:sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 07, 2014, 02:05:29 AM
Sorry I haven't kept up on LDW, it's not for lack of wanting to.  I spent the morning in San Diego with no warning whatsoever.  Just got home, going to bed.

Damn, San Diego! What's there?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I spent my day doing a lot of public speaking. So weird.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And now I have a to-do list eight items long for the weekend. That's just studying for finals, not any of the other stuff I absolutely have to get done.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 07, 2014, 02:37:29 AM
Sorry I haven't kept up on LDW, it's not for lack of wanting to.  I spent the morning in San Diego with no warning whatsoever.  Just got home, going to bed.

Our wax plant.  Needed some "encouragement" concerning safety rules.  I'll be going there frequently, it seems.  Whole day shot just to be there 2 hours.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 07, 2014, 02:53:08 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 07, 2014, 02:37:29 AM

Our wax plant.  Needed some "encouragement" concerning safety rules.  I'll be going there frequently, it seems.  Whole day shot just to be there 2 hours.

"Wax plant" just sounds made up.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 06, 2014, 11:00:13 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn Iilink=topic=36465.msg1346372#msg1346372 date=1402089713
I'm offta Southie ta have some beeahs at Geoahjiz house dood.

That would be so cool to live in a city that has different dialects depending on the region.

Well kinda. I mean, if you want to mock guide areas. The Boston accent is essentially dead except with old people and the stubbornly blue collar. Which, to be honest, does describe South Boston up until its gentrification. It's almost like an anachronistic joke. Midsister had the accent, twidsister and I don't. If you heard me speak, you would get immediately that I was raised in the United States, and you would figure out eventually from some quirks that I was New Englander and yet also weirdly European.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

But you would never at any point think this guy is Bostonian, let alone, this guy is specifically from West Roxbury

Nephew Twiddleton

In high school, my friends and I considered the accent not only blue collar, but also inherently hostile. You were probably an asshole on the hockey team who had sex with Norman and then called him a fag the next day.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 07, 2014, 04:37:18 AM
In high school, my friends and I considered the accent not only blue collar, but also inherently hostile. You were probably an asshole on the hockey team who had sex with Norman and then called him a fag the next day.

Oh about that... apparently jocks really like having experimental sex with their gender, and then calling them, in Boston vernacular, fahkin fegs. That's why I like making fun of Southie. That and there was a movie put out called Southie: Most Dangerous Neighborhood In America. I've always felt perfectly safe in Southie. It's full of Americans who take pride in their Irishness and take exception to their not even relative safeness. They're perfectly safe. They're Irish, Catholic, not homeless, doable, most of the time, and most importantly, notblackpoorfuckedatbirth. Some dude on I st is simultaneously too poor to not shake me down but also too conservative to actually ask for a hand up.

Nephew Twiddleton

Everything that I could hate about the word, Irish-American can be summed up as Southie. It's fitting. I take pride in the republic until I am reminded that Southie exists. Southie ain't a bad place though. But Southie still makes me hate who I am. If that makes sense. I've never lived in Southie.

Suu

Since it's actually a nice day out on a weekend when both of us are home, we're going to go see this city we live in now.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey Twid, when does your next semester start, and besides genetics what are you taking? How long is a semester, anyway? I'm taking molecular, ochem, and behavior this fall, but then this winter I'm taking genetics and cell bio and I'm wondering if your semester overlaps with winter quarter, because that would be cool.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 07, 2014, 03:42:00 PM
Hey Twid, when does your next semester start, and besides genetics what are you taking? How long is a semester, anyway? I'm taking molecular, ochem, and behavior this fall, but then this winter I'm taking genetics and cell bio and I'm wondering if your semester overlaps with winter quarter, because that would be cool.

Genetics it's just for eight weeks and I take cell bio in September (yeah I'm doing it kinda backwards but that's because they weren't offering cell during summer). I'm also in precalculus right now but that's stretched out over the whole summer. Thank god for that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Fall semester generally runs from labor day to Christmas, and spring semester runs from MLK to miss May