News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: The Suu on June 10, 2014, 04:11:41 PM
Jesus fuck, another school shooting this morning in Oregon.

Whenever there is a shooting that makes headlines, there are typically a few shootings trailing it in the news, and sometimes it can seem like there's a rash or epidemic. Sometimes that's true, and other times, it's because shootings that would not have been reported outside of their local area are being linked. It can be really hard to tell the difference between increased violence and changes in reporting.

You're not being shocked and afraid enough.

Children are the new terrorists.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 06:10:05 PM
What was supposed to happen today:

Car tune-up.

Cat to the vet.

Get a new phone (old one is dead) and pizza at the mall.

What has happened :

Car has a hole in the radiator.

Crap.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 07:57:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 10, 2014, 07:23:56 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2014, 07:21:56 PM
LMNO - Please insert appropriate Monty Python reference here.

Sigh.

Quote from: The Suu on June 10, 2014, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Sita on June 10, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
School's only been out a week and I'm already counting the days for it to start again.
I like my solitude, I like having quiet for most of the day. I miss it.
August needs to hurry up and get here.

At least you're home with your kids. Both of my parents worked, so my brother and sister went to day camp and I stayed at home alone and had to clean the house until my brother was old enough to be home with me. I hated it. By the time my sister was old enough, I was working too. Good times.

You.  Lucky.  Bastard.   I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

I lived in a cardboard box and my parents bashed my teeth in with a brick every morning, and BY GOD I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IT.

I was an orphan raised by a single alcoholic mother who was dead, and had to walk to school with no shoes because I was so poor. It was not so bad not having shoes because it was an island and the school was on another island, so I had to swim across the channel, soaking my homework, which would earn me a whipping once I got to school. The good news is that it was the Pacific Ocean, so I never got a whipping because I drowned every time and sharks ate my bones.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 08:23:37 PM

Whenever there is a shooting that makes headlines, there are typically a few shootings trailing it in the news, and sometimes it can seem like there's a rash or epidemic. Sometimes that's true, and other times, it's because shootings that would not have been reported outside of their local area are being linked. It can be really hard to tell the difference between increased violence and changes in reporting.

:horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is dorktastic; a preview of the building I will be receiving most of the remainder of my education in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-SfINegfk

Pæs

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 08:23:37 PM

:horrormirth:

WELL HOW ELSE ARE WE GOING TO JUSTIFY FILLING THESE EXPENSIVE PRISONS WITH TEN YEAR OLDS?

Pæs

Pre-settlement inspection on the house we've bought today. Then on Friday we get the keys.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2014, 09:46:34 PM
Pre-settlement inspection on the house we've bought today. Then on Friday we get the keys.

Congratulations.  You kids have a great time with your new place. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Congratulations, Paes!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's that wonderful time of year when financial aid glitches start raising their ugly little heads.  :lulz:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 09:56:52 PM
It's that wonderful time of year when financial aid glitches start raising their ugly little heads.  :lulz:

Back at UMass I used to call that "move-in day," or if I was feeling peckish, "annual we-cancelled-your-housing-and-unenrolled-you-from-all-of-your-classes day."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

UB

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 09, 2014, 11:19:36 PM
So I need to refresh on the last year of chemistry before taking the ACS exam this evening, so I started watching Crash Course Chemistry. So like three hours in, it finally dawns on me that the ones I'm watching are not covering the shit I need to know.  :lulz:

:)  haha...

This is something I've done. Frustrating, isn't it?
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 09:48:50 PM

Congratulations.  You kids have a great time with your new place.

AIN'T NO LANDLADY GONNA TELL ME OFF IF I WANNA PUT HOLES IN MY DAMN WALLS.

:banana:

hooplala

It's really starting to seem like George RR Martin is god.  Or, god is George RR Martin.

Or, god is just a fucking asshole.

Or, all of the above.

Or, kill me.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
It's really starting to seem like George RR Martin is god.  Or, god is George RR Martin.

Or, god is just a fucking asshole.

Or, all of the above.

Or, kill me.

Oh, yeah.  Definitely God.  You gotta wait 2000 years between fucking books.  :rogpipe: