News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 15, 2014, 02:46:22 AM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 15, 2014, 02:41:01 AM
Crashed my car. Probably not gonna be worth repairing, so I'm buying my cousin's old car. Have to miss a day of work to hit up the DMV, when I was supposed to be starting a new task at work this week.

Could have been 100x worse, I'm totally fine, etc. But like, god damn it, you know?

Tucson says "HERRO" to both of you geniuses.   :lulz:

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Crashed my car. Probably not gonna be worth repairing, so I'm buying my cousin's old car. Have to miss a day of work to hit up the DMV, when I was supposed to be starting a new task at work this week.

Could have been 100x worse, I'm totally fine, etc. But like, god damn it, you know?

Glad you're okay, man.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Chelagoras The Boulder

That sucks man. Hope that pans out for ya soon
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Urgh.  My workplace is quickly becoming unbearable.  Unusually, not due to the best efforts of my so-called co-workers*, but due to the intolerable heat of the place, combined with general understaffing and bad decision making.  When you have someone who is the perfect storm of "weight bearing capability and mobility", "terrible lack of balance" and "dementia-caused cognitive processing problems", and you have exactly 3 members of staff for him and the other 19 people on the floor, one of whom is in the process of slowly but surely dying, you're going to have a real bad time.

In other news, I've finally been assigned a department (security and defence issues) and given a manual by my think tank, who had been curiously silent in the last few weeks since making me my job offer.  I suppose that means I will actually have to do some work in the upcoming weeks.  Oh, and a video conference with the executive director, for some reason.

*two lies in a single, co-joined word is fairly impressive.

UB

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 02:15:45 PM
Urgh.  My workplace is quickly becoming unbearable.  Unusually, not due to the best efforts of my so-called co-workers*, but due to the intolerable heat of the place, combined with general understaffing and bad decision making.  When you have someone who is the perfect storm of "weight bearing capability and mobility", "terrible lack of balance" and "dementia-caused cognitive processing problems", and you have exactly 3 members of staff for him and the other 19 people on the floor, one of whom is in the process of slowly but surely dying, you're going to have a real bad time.

In other news, I've finally been assigned a department (security and defence issues) and given a manual by my think tank, who had been curiously silent in the last few weeks since making me my job offer.  I suppose that means I will actually have to do some work in the upcoming weeks.  Oh, and a video conference with the executive director, for some reason.

It SURE is.  It makes the non-alcoholic lunch hour seem an unrighteous deprivation.
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 02:15:45 PM

The latter part of your post is awesome! Less so the former part, ugh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Thanks, yeah. 

Hopefully, I wont be at the other place much longer.  I put in an application for a serious job I actually want in London, and I've got an interview for more...civilised work in the meantime.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know if I mentioned what I did with my day yesterday (I was pretty burnt out) but yesterday I went to Eugene for the Ford Family Foundation banquet and orientation to my scholarship. I'm stoked... they are going to fund me for summer, I just need to email them. While I was there my dryer broke again, so I'm pretty happy they're funding me! New appliances is not what I wanted to use my scholarship on but it's better than having no dryer.

I took an oath of conduct. They aren't fucking around with this stuff. Integrity, community-building, etc. Luckily it's all values already in alignment with my worldview. Also, Kenneth and Hallie Ford were awesome... I never knew that much about them.

Then I came home and made waffles for dinner. The kids were like, hallelujah!

Also, on the way home my carpool stopped at McDonald's and I got a Bacon Buffalo Ranch McChicken because it sounds like a seizure. Kinda tasted like one, too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 03:28:38 PM
Thanks, yeah. 

Hopefully, I wont be at the other place much longer.  I put in an application for a serious job I actually want in London, and I've got an interview for more...civilised work in the meantime.

Thank fuck. While I respect that you are able and willing to do caregiving work, you seem more like a suit-and-tie kind of guy.

Cain

I keep confusing the Ford Family Foundation with the Ford Foundation.

I think you should capitalise on that confusion.  It will make tinfoil hatters angry and shouty.

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 15, 2014, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 03:28:38 PM
Thanks, yeah. 

Thank fuck. While I respect that you are able and willing to do caregiving work, you seem more like a suit-and-tie kind of guy.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of being up to my elbows in excrement and piss-soaked sheets every night either.

I mean, that's why I decided to never reproduce, so I could avoid all that nonsense.

UB

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2014, 03:48:02 PM

I think you should capitalise on that confusion.  It will make tinfoil hatters angry and shouty.

Peace.

To the contrary, space/time may sabotage us. Instead of spouting who's right and who's wrong, we could just admit that it's ALL conceivable, accordingly.

It may only appear eccentric from the lower levels. *dunno* It's exhausting, nonetheless.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wasn't clear on the distinction until I looked it up, actually. Ford Family = Oregon timber barons/philanthropists.

And I like the way you think.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain is a genius.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

UB