News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Pæs

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 05:01:33 PM
So I have finally developed my cutting-off-sales-calls technique to utter perfection; as soon as they get to the "how are you today ma'am?" part where there is a perfunctory pause, in the most positive and friendly tone possible say "Can you remove me from your call list please?"

TOTAL SHORT-CIRCUIT. VICTORY. Especially if they haven't yet introduced themselves and explained what company they're with.

I keep meaning to program my phone with known marketer numbers, because of how great it was to Google the number on caller id before answering, then answer with "Do not call here again. Remove me from your list."

"Buh... buh... but. What?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

UB

Quote from: Cain on June 19, 2014, 06:50:13 PM
My next 96 hours, summed up in a single sentence: ISIS ISIS ISIS ISIS sleep ISIS watch people slowly dying from debilitating illnesses bodily fluids bodily fluids bodily fluids sleep bodily fluids bodily fluids attempt sleep but probably fail ISIS ISIS ISIS ISIS sleep ISIS ISIS.

hypnosis may be a key
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Junkenstein

Meeting with Client and employer at 1.

This will be FUN.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

UB

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 20, 2014, 08:10:29 AM
Meeting with Client and employer at 1.

This will be FUN.

Are you demanding it to be?  :)  Own it.  *hearts* Best wishes.
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on June 19, 2014, 09:00:09 PM
So I have finally developed my cutting-off-sales-calls technique to utter perfection; as soon as they get to the "how are you today ma'am?" part where there is a perfunctory pause, in the most positive and friendly tone possible say "Can you remove me from your call list please?"

TOTAL SHORT-CIRCUIT. VICTORY. Especially if they haven't yet introduced themselves and explained what company they're with.

I keep meaning to program my phone with known marketer numbers, because of how great it was to Google the number on caller id before answering, then answer with "Do not call here again. Remove me from your list."

I proposed this great plan to my housemate (I don't do it myself because i don't have a cellphone, only a landline without caller ID) but he said Dutch telemarketeers always call with a hidden number :(
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on June 20, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
Quote from: Pæs on June 19, 2014, 09:00:09 PM

I proposed this great plan to my housemate (I don't do it myself because i don't have a cellphone, only a landline without caller ID) but he said Dutch telemarketeers always call with a hidden number :(

Then reply to all hidden-number callers this way!

I'm wondering since when it's been legal to cold-call cell phones in the US. It used to be illegal, because we pay for minutes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Or you've got my method:

As soon as you pick up the phone "You've rang the wrong number. You're looking for XXXX XXXXX (State your number but switch two digits at random). Please update you list and don't call again. Sorry for being short but this happens all the time. Did you get that number? It was XXX XXXXX. Thanks, bye."

I've been pissing someone off with all my junk calls for years. I have no idea who and if it happens to be you I'm not even sorry.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Suu on June 19, 2014, 06:25:18 PM
If you haven't seen this ad for Helloflo yet, you need to. It's a subscription service for lady supplies, but this is the funniest thing I've seen this week. A girl fakes her period and her mom throws her a party. Just...watch.

http://blog.petflow.com/this-girl-faked-her-period-and-got-what-she-deserved/

They had me at "you're missing the vagician". Well, before that, but still  :lol:
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Sita

I just never answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.
Figure that if it's something important they'll leave a message.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cain

Same.  Occasionally a telemarketer gets through, in which case I start doing the "cat in the mircowave" routine until they hang up in disgust.

Nephew Twiddleton

I found out today that I am not Geneticsing enough.(<---Understatement) And that most people in the class aren't, but I am also not. And that is unacceptable. After this weekend I'm going to have to scale down anything that doesn't involve school until the end of July /beginning of August.

Actually, I leave for Chicago for a wedding the same day of my final, so, definitely August. I apologize in advance if I am ignorant of what's going on in your lives for the next month.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on June 19, 2014, 07:30:28 PM
Started running, knee said no in the form of a sharp pain, so I resigned to the elliptical and recumbent bike to make up for the cardio time to reduce impact. Pissed, but I'd rather my knees stay attached. Damnit.
I used to run quite a bit and had it figured that either my knee or my heel would hurt as a result, with nikes or asixs to blame, respectively.  Was also running on concrete and slightly sleep deprived - not really listening to my body and still asking it to work hard.  Now when I start a little lighter/slower, I get to go a little more/farther.  I have to stop trying to prove stuff to myself.