News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Oh, I'd do the owner in too, except he's a paramedic and so, despite his assholishness towards his dog actually of sum benefit to society.

Probably.

But yeah.  Dogs are not fashion accessories or toys.  Cats, on the other hand, are.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cats give few fucks, as long as their food bowls are kept full.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

One of ours literally only comes home to get fed, or if it is raining.

The other one, on the other hand, has severe attachment issues.  To me in particular.  I'm not sure why.  But at least she can't wake up half the town with her meowing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 06, 2014, 04:32:47 PM

The other one, on the other hand, has severe attachment issues.  To me in particular.  I'm not sure why.  But at least she can't wake up half the town with her meowing.

Awww. That's cute, actually. I like it when cats are lovey and attached.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a few days.

I've decided that I've reached a place in my life where I am morally and philosophically opposed to being in charge of other people.

Also ECHGF and I are 99% sure that she has a screaming case of undiagnosed diabeetus.

So we're saying "Fuck Maine" and moving back to WA in about a month. I don't care about the money or "big fish/small pond prestige" bullshit. I just want my life back.

Don't be a chef, kids. Learn to cook because it will help you attract people to whom you find yourself attracted but as a career choice seriously, fuck the fuck out of that shit. I'm gonna be stuck cooking for a couple more years while I school because bills and rent but I'm gonna learn to go be a HVAC tech or some shit like that where I don't have to give too many fucks about what other people are doing.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Raz Tech

Hope everything works out for you man, good luck.

Also Maine to Washington is one helluva move.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 07, 2014, 12:16:37 AM

I've decided that I've reached a place in my life where I am morally and philosophically opposed to being in charge of other people.

Also ECHGF and I are 99% sure that she has a screaming case of undiagnosed diabeetus.

So we're saying "Fuck Maine" and moving back to WA in about a month. I don't care about the money or "big fish/small pond prestige" bullshit. I just want my life back.

Don't be a chef, kids. Learn to cook because it will help you attract people to whom you find yourself attracted but as a career choice seriously, fuck the fuck out of that shit. I'm gonna be stuck cooking for a couple more years while I school because bills and rent but I'm gonna learn to go be a HVAC tech or some shit like that where I don't have to give too many fucks about what other people are doing.

1. Yayyyyy I like it when you live on the West Coast!

2. Booo diabeetus!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Raz Tech on September 07, 2014, 12:34:03 AM
Hope everything works out for you man, good luck.

Also Maine to Washington is one helluva move.

He's kind of a pro at it, at this point.

minuspace

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 05, 2014, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on September 05, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
Yea, some folks honk going round bends and such, for safety.
Totally unrelated, free retail inventory software is soul-crushingingly boring without all the gratuitous frustrations it is so eager to throw at me.  What fun a malevolent archonic hacker must have had inventing "data entry".

To be clear, said stranger explicitly said he was honking at me, to try to say hi or something. Because he lives in a world where this isn't terrifying for people. There was no miscommunication.

Yea, then we also got one pheasant wannabe biker that pulls on his harley's throttle, full twist in neutral, right in front of my building because it's actually a natural amphitheater.  Thanks, neighbor!

Suu

The great crochetpalooza 2014 has begun. Baby afghans ahoy!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

You'd be good at PLC work.  And it wouldn't involve, by definition, working in areas that have no functional AC.

(In response to "some shit like that).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Depends on the breed. Bombays, and Persians are the most needy, and attention whoring like a dog.

I currently have a Russian White. He's tomcat, and only comes to eat, get out of the rain, or spend a day, or two at home. I hate seeing him cry at home wanting to get out.

Ben Shapiro

Welder. You'll eventually play with plasma if the company allows it.

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 06, 2014, 04:51:06 PM

Awww. That's cute, actually. I like it when cats are lovey and attached.

She's more like a creepy stalker.  If I'm asleep and someone lets her in the house, she will run up the stairs and sit outside my door, meowing and scratching to get in.  When I do get up, as soon as she hears me move, she'll rush up to me, and follow me around.  Can't go to the bathroom, have a shower or get breakfast without her constantly trying to get my attention.  After a couple of hours, she'll calm down enough to go to sleep (on my bed) but whenever she wakes and hears my voice, she'll come running to find me.

The only thing she doesn't like is being picked up by me, so I tend to do that every now and again, just so I can have some peace and quiet.

Cain

I'd noticed you hadn't been around much lately.

Are you set on the HVAC stuff, or are you still considering your options?