News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on February 19, 2015, 06:57:19 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 19, 2015, 06:49:07 AM
I am absolutely exhausted and should not still be up.

Got confirmation for the Peru trip today.

Next up: Losing 20 lbs so I don't stroke out and die in the Andes.

Congrats Nigel! Good luck with the weight loss.

Grandfather's funeral is today.

Last night I got in an argument with the celebrant (who is my Aunt's fiance) so... that was fun. My cousin has also gotten into a big argument with his mother so my uncle asked us to take him. Somehow this has all wound up being about petty family drama.

Very much looking forward to today being over.

For some reason that often seems to happen at family gatherings, including weddings and funerals.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 19, 2015, 07:37:35 PM
I just walked around a corner and there was a vendor there that I wasn't expecting and I burped real loud right into his friggin face. Wasn't even sorry. Just kept walking.

http://i.imgur.com/gv2f6nH.gifv

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on February 19, 2015, 09:57:02 PM

And then, I'm always a fan of engaging in colorful local customs and regional remedies as well, known to to be effective for adapting to altitude.  Apparently the social climate round transit hubs in Lima is one thing to avoid, IIRC, no need to make any friends at bus/plane/train stations.  I'm sure you know this already, I kind of just wanted to participate by proxy in that adventure :). Have lots of too for us as well

I'm pretty much going to spend the whole time in a Quechua village trying to survive altitude sickness.

(for reference, I was born and have spent my entire life between 10 and 100 meters above sea level).

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 19, 2015, 11:34:46 PM

And then, I'm always a fan of engaging in colorful local customs and regional remedies as well, known to to be effective for adapting to altitude.  Apparently the social climate round transit hubs in Lima is one thing to avoid, IIRC, no need to make any friends at bus/plane/train stations.  I'm sure you know this already, I kind of just wanted to participate by proxy in that adventure :). Have lots of too for us as well

I'm pretty much going to spend the whole time in a Quechua village trying to survive altitude sickness.

(for reference, I was born and have spent my entire life between 10 and 100 meters above sea level).

You survived a week without air back in 2010.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The reason I hate 50 shades of gray isn't that it's soccer-mom bait, but that now everyone on the internet has to mention that they are a dom or a sub or whatever.  It's boring.  Shut up.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2015, 02:07:45 AM
The reason I hate 50 shades of gray isn't that it's soccer-mom bait, but that now everyone on the internet has to mention that they are a dom or a sub or whatever.  It's boring.  Shut up.

Oh my god completely NOBODY CARES SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2015, 01:58:34 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 19, 2015, 11:34:46 PM

You survived a week without air back in 2010.

That's true. I can probably do this just fine.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Worked with my students on their pbl projects. The assignment is to research technologies and such to predict what society might be like in fifty years or so. One of my kids decided to research aliens, and is piecing together quite the theory about aliens and how theyre connected to the Kennedy assassination.  On the one hand I can try to get his group to change topics (which would be like herding cats at this point) or just  sit back and let hilarity ensue. :lol:
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

It's below 60F out there.

AM I LIVING IN A FUCKING JACK LONDON NOVEL OR SOMETHING?   :argh!:
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2015, 02:07:45 AM

...plus, if they're gonna make a movie that goes there they should do it properly. Make an adaptation of Venus im Pelz, or finally do an adaptation of The 120 Days of Sodom that isn't just the frame story.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 21, 2015, 05:19:36 AM
It's below 60F out there.

AM I LIVING IN A FUCKING JACK LONDON NOVEL OR SOMETHING?   :argh!:

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The people in my Psychopharmacology class have started telling their Personal Stories.  :kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 21, 2015, 06:41:18 AM
The people in my Psychopharmacology class have started telling their Personal Stories.  :kingmeh:

Best to jerk that shit up short.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 21, 2015, 06:46:45 AM

The sad thing is that I CAN'T. If I was TA in this class I could be all "LET'S STAY ON TRACK OK" but I'm not. :( :( :(

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 21, 2015, 06:53:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 21, 2015, 06:46:45 AM

The sad thing is that I CAN'T. If I was TA in this class I could be all "LET'S STAY ON TRACK OK" but I'm not. :( :( :(

Wait for them after the class.  Behave badly.
Molon Lube