Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Y'know, Italy is kinda weird

Started by Cain, February 27, 2015, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 28, 2015, 05:49:43 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 27, 2015, 09:37:44 PM
Interesting. I'll look into it. There's an ongoing spree in LaCrosse and along the Mississippi. No cops have opened up. They will discuss drugs, gangs, but not this.

http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/buzz/articles/smileyfacekiler.html

every year like clockwork and about the same season. There are even NDAs I'm told that the local radio consortium makes talent sign to not discuss it.

LaCrosse runs on college and smuggling money. The cover up is intense. I suspect a cabal of some sort in that the killer has always managed to separate full grown men and drown them without a reported mark. That they're always white may be a factor too, but it's not really a sure indicator of racism.

One of the ones mentioned was Native American. I've looked at a couple of other articles as well, and they mention 40 men in 11 states over the last decade. Race and age breakdown was not given for those men.

There is a lot of information missing. Most glaringly, the rate at which men went missing or were found drowned in those areas in the previous decades.

Other questions also need to be answered, such as how these disappearance/drowning rates compare to rates in other cities with rivers running through them, and whether there are other reasons black men might not be drowning in the same numbers, such as a  greater likelihood of sticking together due to a history of violence against lone black men.

It might be worth noting that I found a case of a 23-year-old black man who drowned in the Black River last summer, which also raises the question of whether there are other cases of black men drowning that the serial killer theorists are disregarding because they don't fit the profile that makes their theory work.

Quite honestly, living in an area where people disappear and drown on a regular basis, I find it hard not to see this as a great example of apophenia.

Shalim was a friend of my sister.  He was an immigrant iirc and honestly didn't go to the bars that other black men usually frequent. I mean look at the make up of his friends.

https://www.facebook.com/shalim.augustine/friends

Eau Claire may be a good comparison, bars in walking distance, river by college.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

I mean if you look at the maps, the campus in LaCrosse is in the opposite direction of the river and the Eau Claire campus is right on it.  Bars are on other side of river.

The bars in LaCrosse that they frequented are in the 4th-3rd st, Pearl St area.  There are LOTS of bars over there.  Don't like one? wander across the street.

*edit Shalim's also doesn't look related, he was last seen at Huck Finn's-on-the-water, which is, on the water.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Sort of odd the way the reporting reads. "A body was discovered in a river. The body turned out to be dead and unidentified." To paraphrase.

:eek:
Also I sense a disturbance in the force... as if millions of angels were crying out to warn me and were suddenly silenced.  Or like if I had a PKE meter that registered sarcasm it would have exploded and took my good hand with it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteNo one was reported to have jumped from a bridge Sunday, a Fire Bureau spokesman said.

In Portland? On a beautiful sunny Spring weekend day?

WHAT MADNESS IS AFOOT?  :scared:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 02, 2015, 10:02:44 PM
QuoteNo one was reported to have jumped from a bridge Sunday, a Fire Bureau spokesman said.

In Portland? On a beautiful sunny Spring weekend day?

WHAT MADNESS IS AFOOT?  :scared:

:lol:  You know, I missed that! Read it a few times and didn't catch on.

Bodies washing up without the fire department even getting any jumper reports.
They must not be quite on the ball out there. I just wouldn't feel safe with a fire department like that!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl