OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No problem.  Chat froze basically after you said you were there, and didn't let me know it had frozen until the 3rd game. 

Which was annoying.  I'm going to look at some of my Skyrim settings, and start broadcasting again in a bit.

LMNO

I may have to run a few errands in 30 min or so, but I'll check in once I get back.

Cain

Cool, I've already started the next stream, so if anyone else wants to come along, please feel free.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 08, 2015, 03:28:09 PM
DemoSquid beat me to the "fetishization of logic" bit.

"I hold other people's feelings and thoughts in contempt, therefore I am rational. Because I believe in Borg Logic."

"I am a rational person, therefore my thoughts, decisions, and conclusions are rational."

Contempt, disdain, and self-superiority are all emotions. So is the desire to show them all how much you don't care that they think you're a scumbag. FP's motivation is to "win" by beating "the bad guys" (here personified by the girlfriend's parents) by being smarter than them. The girlfriend is not relevant except as a battlefield.

He can be the hero if he "saves" her. If she didn't need to be saved she'd be about as valuable to him as a corn chip. She's the challenge by which he will prove himself, even if only to himself.

And he's annoyed that a victim of long-term emotional and physical abuse (if that's to be believed) isn't making it easier for him to enact his masterful plan. Because, of course, abused people living in unstable, potentially dangerous conditions are well-known for their calm, detached demeanor. The battlefield is not cooperating with his battle plan, and he's mad at her in the same way you'd be mad at a rock you stubbed your toe on. She's in the way.

But of course, this is all just "feedback" or "baseless speculation" depending on how much this annoys him. If he was really interested in feedback on his battle plan, he'd take the actual advice being given. Advice which I don't think he's figured out yet, because he thinks it's just insults.

Yep, pretty much. But the stupid obstacle isn't letting him win by doing what he wants, even though it's for her own good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

He could be Batman if Gotham City would quit being an over-emotional idiot who won't cooperate.

He has zero interest in her beyond the game of her life, and possibly dat ass. If she was in a good life situation she'd be too BORING for Dr Moriarty here. But she's ruining the fun by being a player in her own life, rather than a nice flat game board.

But as we all know, Logic and Reason are totally the best ways to make people tick and eventually  he'll WIN and wonder why he isn't happy.

Don Coyote

Spent parts of the weekend with my brain trying to kill me. And now I get to the play the fun game of combing through Tricare providers to get a psychiatric eval. My primary care provider does think there is a strong a possibility I have a mood disorder, which would explain so fucking much.

LMNO

Heya Coyote!

That sucks, but at least people are taking it seriously.

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 07, 2015, 01:33:46 AM
I like the part where he almost 100% agrees with my interpretation of who and what he is and still thinks this is a rebuttal of sorts. The numbers really sell it.

protip: reread some of your own posts imagining that they were facebook posts dredged up after a young girl went missing and see if you would want to string that guy up on the spot. If yes, you are doing relationships wrong. Start with "Anything that inhibits my achievement will be eradicated. That much is certain. However, as long as she continues doing all within her will that allows for a healthy relationship, then I won't intervene."

Most of the time, it's not peoples' lives that are in the way. Most of the time, it is a person's perspective or behavioral tendency. Homicide is not even close to one of my first few choices for any inhibiting factors in my plans. And neither is physical violence.

I do re-read them. I read this conversation several times a day to see if there's anything I've missed, or to see if I should look at any feedback from a different perspective.

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 08, 2015, 03:28:09 PM
DemoSquid beat me to the "fetishization of logic" bit.

"I hold other people's feelings and thoughts in contempt, therefore I am rational. Because I believe in Borg Logic."

"I am a rational person, therefore my thoughts, decisions, and conclusions are rational."

Contempt, disdain, and self-superiority are all emotions. So is the desire to show them all how much you don't care that they think you're a scumbag. FP's motivation is to "win" by beating "the bad guys" (here personified by the girlfriend's parents) by being smarter than them. The girlfriend is not relevant except as a battlefield.

He can be the hero if he "saves" her. If she didn't need to be saved she'd be about as valuable to him as a corn chip. She's the challenge by which he will prove himself, even if only to himself.

And he's annoyed that a victim of long-term emotional and physical abuse (if that's to be believed) isn't making it easier for him to enact his masterful plan. Because, of course, abused people living in unstable, potentially dangerous conditions are well-known for their calm, detached demeanor. The battlefield is not cooperating with his battle plan, and he's mad at her in the same way you'd be mad at a rock you stubbed your toe on. She's in the way.

But of course, this is all just "feedback" or "baseless speculation" depending on how much this annoys him. If he was really interested in feedback on his battle plan, he'd take the actual advice being given. Advice which I don't think he's figured out yet, because he thinks it's just insults.

You make this much more complicated than it needs to be. I am a hopeless romantic, but not about relationships. I wouldn't try to be a hero in something as mediocre as an early, teen relationship.

My girlfriend had disgusting behavioral tendencies. I thought (And still think) she had potential to be more. So, I decided to look into why she had the tendencies. I started hearing all kinds of stories about her parents from her. Now, I considered that she was probably willing to exaggerate and lie a little, based on the first tendencies that I identified. So, I started going over to her house to observe her interactions with her parents. She was, in all intents and purposes, a childish brat. Whiny, and almost infantile (Much more so than when she acted around me, alone). Then, I started looking into the people who would be responsible for creating such a brat. I started witnessing the blatant lying from her parents in messages. I started witnessing the guilt-tripping, and the tag-teaming and power struggles. I realized what the problem was: Her constant proximity with these types of situations were keeping her in the mindset that she needed to lie and guilt people onto her side. Her mother uses it to feed her own ego because she's a miserable cunt.

Tangent: I'm not trying to "win" anything against anyone. I'm hoping a car accident (Something that I'm not in control of, FYI) removes her parents from the situation because they are an inconvenience, not an enemy.

I used this information to give her incentives to change and break away from the people causing the problem. I just wanted my girlfriend to start treating me the way I treated her. So, after talking about her emotionally manipulative tendencies, I started teaching her empathy by bringing up how certain situations (Situations that she's put me in) would make her feel if I put her in them. I started pointing out her mother's tactics and mentality to her so that she had the information necessary to resist the manipulation. I gave her examples of things to do to make it easier to resist the tactics. She's made a lot of progress. But, obviously, attachments to parents (No matter how shitty they are) do not go away quickly or easily.

TL;DR
My girlfriend was annoyingly deceitful and shady. I found the source of her behavior patterns. I've attempted to cut that source from her. I don't mind manipulating pieces of shit like her parents. I've only been suggestive (Which, fairly, can be considered a form of manipulation) with my girlfriend.

I see everything as feedback. I think it would be unfair to call it "baseless speculation." It is most likely educated speculation. It just lacks some details. Your insults are simply a result of the "repulsion" that I, apparently, give off, and I think that's fair.

Obviously, the people of this board and I, don't see things, especially people, in the same way. People suggesting to me that I should just "act like a human being" don't seem to realize that it's not that easy. If there is something wrong with me, and I accept that there might be, then it is impossible for me to just "act like [the human being you would rather me be]." I'm not going to change the way I treat everyone because some dramatic people on a board told me to. Obviously there is a much deeper difference in psychological predisposition in us. I'm not throwing out anti-social personality disorders. I'm just saying, I've looked into it, and talked to some doctors about it. Some said "silly kid who wants to be a hard ass," others said "Malignant Narcissist." At most, I think some of my interests may have put me onto some watch lists. That's a more sensitive topic that I may bring up at a later date.

As for the reference to Red Pill (I had to look it up), I can't imagine why the hell you would see that mentality in me. I've always found PUA shit to be stupid. I don't see women as lesser, and I'd have no reason to look into such things in the first place. Not to toot my own horn, but with my looks and attitude, I don't need some nerd-guide for dating. I've been pushing girls off of me since I was little. I haven't had self-esteem issues since Freshman year of high school. My methods of manipulation do not discriminate between genders. They discriminate between people. I can't understand where you see evidence of Red Pill mentality in my writing. Is it maybe because the situation being discussed involves interactions mostly based around females, and that these interactions are, apparently, morally appalling?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on June 07, 2015, 03:14:15 AM
Fortunately he's already demonstrated that he's woefully underprepared for getting away with crime, so we don't have that to worry about.

:lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 09, 2015, 01:58:14 AM
At most, I think some of my interests may have put me onto some watch lists. That's a more sensitive topic that I may bring up at a later date.

Smelling BH, here.  :vom:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 09, 2015, 02:48:11 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 09, 2015, 01:58:14 AM
At most, I think some of my interests may have put me onto some watch lists. That's a more sensitive topic that I may bring up at a later date.

Smelling BH, here.  :vom:

Yeah, I'm hoping he just keeps it to himself, given what he apparently thinks isn't "sensitive".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

President Television

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 09, 2015, 05:48:47 AM
"BH?"

A former poster here. I don't know the details too well, but apparently he was a necrophile and said that if his daughter ever got raped, he'd rather kill her than let her live with the repercussions. Everyone here thinks he's pretty repulsive.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: President Television on June 09, 2015, 06:10:16 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 09, 2015, 05:48:47 AM
"BH?"

A former poster here. I don't know the details too well, but apparently he was a necrophile and said that if his daughter ever got raped, he'd rather kill her than let her live with the repercussions. Everyone here thinks he's pretty repulsive.

Babylon Horuv.

He was also a snuff freak, which is what really ramped up the squick factor.

Also, what kind of person says "coitus" instead of "fucking" outside of a medical discussion?
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

now i'm picturing this guy standing outside a medical convention screaming coitus at people. Its a fun image.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."