This is a symptom of depression

Oh well.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Meunster

Quote from: Faust on October 13, 2015, 09:12:20 PM
That's not good. Want to talk about it?

Just exestential bullshit. Who am I,  what do I want to become, is being honest with myself worth more then being happy with myself. My own unique window on suffering that is pretty small compared to others, but still completely paralyzes me.

I'll roll out in a few hours to shower and then go work.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

Quote from: Meunster on October 13, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

Just exestential bullshit. Who am I,  what do I want to become, is being honest with myself worth more then being happy with myself. My own unique window on suffering that is pretty small compared to others, but still completely paralyzes me.

Ok, well the offer stands at any stage. There's no reason for anyone to suffer on their own.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on October 13, 2015, 03:55:58 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 13, 2015, 03:16:19 PM
Alty's friend seems to be having a full-throttle meltdown in that thread on Alty's Wall, which included one of the best testimonials I have ever received:

For a whore that purveys sheer chaos in a realm of order, surely you realize your own spiritual belief (or lack there of or puppy) shows you're naught but a madwoman of your own?

It's almost like he knows me!

Awesome, if someone said something that flattering about me I would probably have it etched on a coat of arms and mounted somewhere I could see it each day.

I know, it's kind of amazing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Holy fuck, like i know people at fast food jobs are retarded but i just stopped a guy from making mustard gas.
Fucking cleaning the trash cans so he mixes all the chemicals on the shelf. Including BLEECH and AMONIA. In the windowless building. 
I want to go back to bed.
Poe's law ;)

Chelagoras The Boulder

Small windfall today, as it turns out my old shitty marketing job lost a class action suit and so had to send me a check of over a hundred dollars!  :lulz:
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Meunster on October 13, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

I've been in that place before, I think the best thing to do is to learn to choose between the honesty and happiness bits based on whether or not its useful to your well-being.

Is there nothing you can do about the thing you're being brutally honest about? Then go ahead and cut yourself some slack. Life's too short to beat yourself up over things outside your control.

Do you think you're avoiding an uncomfortable truth? then go ahead and use those feelings to look inside and see what the problem is. that is the first step towards getting a handle on things.

and above all, remember the wisdom of Rip Torn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ockqIK8x4Ik

/unsolicited advice
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Chainsaw Murderers was my effort on the honesty vs. functionality front, if you're interested?

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Meunster

Is it illegal to carry a bad dragon dildo for self defense?
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Open carry, yes.  Concealed, no, with a permit.

Meunster

Apply for one now!

Side note, wow today was a real mood swing.
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on October 14, 2015, 04:52:39 AM
I just had to post this important link.

Hm... The legal notice is nice of them. My first thought was to use them on vehicles that DESERVE IT. I'm thinking my second thought is probably better. Slap them over the gang tags in the back of various street signs and power junction boxes around town. City will HAVE TO clean it off and possibly paint over.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Being one in seven billion. With a pretty unique view on the world is kinda bullshit.

Hard to find people to relate to, and all.

Like, I think I'll do the math some time.
Poe's law ;)