News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on September 20, 2015, 04:39:39 PM
First time I've been addicted to a computer game in years, I cant fucking stop playing metal gear.

As long as you don't WANT to stop this is not a problem.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

First time I've been addicted to a computer game in years, I cant fucking stop playing metal gear.

So long as it's not that rain scene with Quiet...

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 20, 2015, 06:14:14 AM
Wow. What the fuck happened?

How long was I out for?

Don't look at anything by "ChaosAdvocate".  Your brain will attempt to shut down again to save you.

Trivial

I once thought I always had cold sores, but it turns out that the stuff at the corners of my mouth was a result of zinc and some B vitamin deficiency and a fungus.  So basically the deficiency made the skin crack and then fungus got in there.

FUNGUS ON MY FACE

But not herpes.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2015, 05:57:35 PM

So long as it's not that rain scene with Quiet...

Thats the unfortunate part of the game, for every cool thing the game does every so often it turns around and slaps you in the face with embarrassing stuff you'd only expect from an anime.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on September 20, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
I once thought I always had cold sores, but it turns out that the stuff at the corners of my mouth was a result of zinc and some B vitamin deficiency and a fungus.  So basically the deficiency made the skin crack and then fungus got in there.

FUNGUS ON MY FACE

But not herpes.

Fungus was here first, and fungus will be here long after the last uppity endothermic vertibrate dies out. You got lucky.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on September 20, 2015, 07:16:15 PM

FUNGUS ON MY FACE

But not herpes.

I see that in vegans all the time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Makes sense that vegans would turn out to be filthy fungus people.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 20, 2015, 10:21:08 PM

We really should have seen that one coming.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on September 21, 2015, 12:58:54 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 20, 2015, 10:21:08 PM

We really should have seen that one coming.

It does seem kind of obvious in retrospect.

Meunster

My roomie likes to put the car in my gun safe and hide my gun. So the cat jumps out and attacks me.

Jokes on him though, I took the cat to the range today.

Actually I just took it to petco, but if anyone asks I can hit a target at 20 yards with a well aimed furball.
Poe's law ;)

Meunster

Just doing some simple math, don't mind me.
Bathtub, around 80 gal.
Bubble mix needed. 3 ounces
Niagara falls. About 75,000 g per second.
Bubble mix needed. 2,900 ounces
amount in a bottle. 12 ounces
Bottles needed. Around 300.
Cost 900$

Doesnt seem right? Telling me that for under 1 grand I can make the best prank ever?
Poe's law ;)

rong

Quote from: Meunster on September 21, 2015, 07:09:46 AM
Just doing some simple math, don't mind me.
Bathtub, around 80 gal.
Bubble mix needed. 3 ounces
Niagara falls. About 75,000 g per second.
Bubble mix needed. 2,900 ounces
amount in a bottle. 12 ounces
Bottles needed. Around 300.
Cost 900$

Doesnt seem right? Telling me that for under 1 grand I can make the best prank ever?

$900 per second
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Faust

Captain Planet is going to beat your cat abusing, ecological spill causing ass.
Sleepless nights at the chateau