News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on October 23, 2015, 08:14:47 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 23, 2015, 07:03:09 AM
Quote from: Nast on October 22, 2015, 08:41:35 PMCutting up half-frozen duck carcasses first thing in the morning isn't as fun as it sounds.

How is that possible?

The cold, numb fingers. The icy duck breasts. The slicey knives.

:fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I have returned from the land of broken computers!  Bwaha!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 23, 2015, 12:54:58 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 23, 2015, 07:03:49 AM
Quote from: LMNO on October 22, 2015, 08:49:39 PM
Amateurs.  I get to work at 7:30.  I wake up at 5:00.  I stay up to 11:00, minimum.  Playing rock and roll.

NO EXCUSES!

LMNO
-still acting like a dick, it seems.

Elderlies need less sleep.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

So, some belated thoughts on ESO:

Pros: easy enough to do solo at early levels, plenty of content, pretty, not actually that different in terms of overall gameplay than, say, Dragon Age: Inquisition. Spiders not horrific abominations from Skyrim that must die in a fire.
Cons: really variable framerate (depending on area, I was getting between 15-100 FPS.  Averaging between 50-80, but still...).  Perhaps too much content (lots of meaningless "steal the thing" sidequests).  Instructions unclear, for everything from levelling your character to how crafting works), though at least descriptions for abilities are clear and concise.  Some characters appear to have really useless talents, based on what I've done so far, that Argonian swimming speed passive is utterly worthless for example.

Not tried PvP yet, but I expect that to be a complete shitshow of vampiric Bosmer nightblades invisibly ganking everyone unfortunate enough to not have a fully min-maxed character with Veteran Ranks and Ultimate abilities coming out of their eyeballs.  Should be fun.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

They nerfed it.  You can play as a nightblade with a bow, but understandably, people found PvP to be quite annoying when people attacked them for massive damage from 500 yards away.  It still has its uses - the very first talent, poison shot, is really good at taking down werewolves for instance - but as a main source of damage, it is pretty meh.

The best option for DPS is definitely an Imperial or Bosmer, vampire, nightblade with dual daggers.  Or a Dunmer Dragonknight.  The speed and stamina regen passives of the former and the fire damage passives of the latter just blow everything else out of the water.

minuspace

Does anyone know about nvidia (fancy that:) graphics cards?  The last time I was in the market for one of these things I was looking at a Cirrus Logic board, and things seem to have changed somewhat since then.  I think that what I'm after here is RAM, like around 8gigs on the GPU.  Are we there yet, or is the price going to be unreasonable? 

Cain

Quote from: LuciferX on October 25, 2015, 07:21:10 PM
Does anyone know about nvidia (fancy that:) graphics cards?  The last time I was in the market for one of these things I was looking at a Cirrus Logic board, and things seem to have changed somewhat since then.  I think that what I'm after here is RAM, like around 8gigs on the GPU.  Are we there yet, or is the price going to be unreasonable?

An 8 gig graphics card?  It probably exists...somewhere.  Either that or you'd have to hook up two GTX 980's together, SLI style, which wouldn't exactly be cheap.

If you're looking for a good graphics card, which probably won't need updating for a few years but is also reasonably priced, I'd suggest the GTX 780ti.  It's got more than enough grunt for existing games, though you probably wont be running Assassin's Creed: Unity on ultra settings or anything.

thewake

looking through old threads on these here forums

I fucking love all of you
"It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull."
--H. L. Mencken

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: thewake on October 25, 2015, 11:06:55 PM

Awwwww  :)

We love us, too!

The Good Reverend Roger

I was gonna look through your forum, but your registration is busted.  No confirmation email sent.

Oh well.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

thewake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2015, 01:44:20 AM

I was gonna look through your forum, but your registration is busted.  No confirmation email sent.

Oh well.

Oh, we'd love to have you. Actually not my forum, I'm just proselytizing. 

I'll have tell the guys who do the computery shit the registration fucked up.
--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: thewake on October 26, 2015, 01:48:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2015, 01:44:20 AM

Oh well.

Oh, we'd love to have you. Actually not my forum, I'm just proselytizing. 

I'll have tell the guys who do the computery shit the registration fucked up.

Meh, if the registration system is buggered, it's likely everything else is, too.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

thewake

He said:

Quote<absent> I just tested it
<absent> the're probably not putting in the correct answer to the question
<absent> tell them to review the order of operations and make sure it doesn't say they're getting the wrong answer
<absent> and tell them to check their spam box
--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: thewake on October 26, 2015, 01:58:24 AM
He said:

Quote<absent> I just tested it
<absent> the're probably not putting in the correct answer to the question
<absent> tell them to review the order of operations and make sure it doesn't say they're getting the wrong answer
<absent> and tell them to check their spam box

Did both.  It is possible that I typo'd the email addy.  But not likely.  Because he would have gotten a bounced email.