News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Goodbye, Pedro.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 19, 2005, 02:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OMYes, I was just wondering if I could interest you in this spiffy new, extra-absorbant toilet paper!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If you were going to make a flag for the Earth, it should have at least two starving babies, and a 13 year old boy enlisted as a soldier.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: T'ai Kungno, seriously.

that's my take on it, anyway.

I don't think any of us (or anyone else, for that matter) is a "real" discordian.

we're not capable of it. it goes against human nature to be like that all the time. at best, we're blessed with the ability to occasionally see the world from that perspective, but the only people who see it like that all the time are generally locked up for being criminally insane.

whatever the discordian version of "sunday christians" is, that's what we are.

personally, I'm OK with that.

8)

Well, I suppose it comes down to what the end purpose of Discordianism is, I suppose.

For me, it boils down to self-imposed reality grids, the Eristic and Aneristic Illusions, the elevation of the Creative over the Destructive, Laughter, and that we are all Free.

And just like even Johnny Cash couldn't follow Christ's teaching all the time, none of us can always be awake, watching out for hidden Illusions and jumped conclusions.

But we tend to be more aware of them.  And we often know better than to take our convictions too seriously.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO
the elevation of the Creative over the Destructive,

Why?  I like 'em BOTH.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

whaddaya mean, "both"?

they're the same damn thing.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kungwhaddaya mean, "both"?

they're the same damn thing.

8)

Let's not start that argument, again.

Is light a wave or a collection of particles?  Depends how you look at it, right?

East Coast Hustle

I'll concede the point.

probably would have been more accurate to say that they're two different aspects of the same thing.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: T'ai KungI'll concede the point.

probably would have been more accurate to say that they're two different aspects of the same thing.

8)

I'd go with that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scribe
Quote from: T'ai KungI'll concede the point.

8)

I'd go with that.

Duh.  Look at your avatar, filthy heathen.

Cain

LMNO

Please note the phrase fragment "for me".

That is to say, that's what I call it.

I'm fairly certain you call it something else.

Not that I'm bickering or arguing.  Just trying to clarify.

East Coast Hustle

LMNO

Makes sense...

PS (thread rescue) - even with GitMo's current absence, I still am not convinced he's in jail.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOMakes sense...

PS (thread rescue) - even with GitMo's current absence, I still am not convinced he's in jail.

Hope springs eternal. :?

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Isn't it...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Isn't it...

Something tells me it ain't the hope that floats in that movie. :lol: