News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 12: Return to Dumb.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 05, 2005, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyYAY, where's part 13?  :shock:

I'll write it as soon as I get some sleep.  It was a very long night.

G'night, now.

::heads off to bed::

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOHST is dead. Long live TGRR!

Fuck this.

I'm gone.

Who is HST?:?

I have been having a day of total confusion :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWho is HST?:?

Hunter S Thompson.

The one that a few other people were accusing me of copying.

It must have to do with the fact that my narrative involved Vegas, a bag of drugs, a convertible, and an angry Samoan.

Oh, wait, it had nothing to do with any of those things.

:evil:

TGRR,
Thinks the person(s) involved can fuck themselves.

Um, Roger?

I think that was supposed to be a compliment.

Since HST took the permanent solution to his problems, it is up to you to carry on.  You need to keep writing so you can publish.  Seriously.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Hunter S Thompson.

It must have to do with the fact that my narrative involved Vegas, a bag of drugs, a convertible, and an angry Samoan.

TGRR,

i sure hope i've never accused you of such, because in truth,  i think i rip off hsi style far more than you do. it never actualyl occured to me that you were ripping him off(i don;t think so anyway). yeah on closer thought, it is kinda liek gonzo journalism, where the writer is an intrinsic part of the story, adn cannot escape involvement init(which in my opinion, is sinmpyl honest journalism), but otehrwise, yeah. no.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: screwtape's aunt margaret
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Hunter S Thompson.

TGRR,

i sure hope i've never accused you of such, because in truth,  i think i rip off hsi style far more than you do. it never actualyl occured to me that you were ripping him off(i don;t think so anyway). yeah on closer thought, it is kinda liek gonzo journalism, where the writer is an intrinsic part of the story, adn cannot escape involvement init(which in my opinion, is sinmpyl honest journalism), but otehrwise, yeah. no.

I've never denied that my writing is heavily influenced by HST.

However, my content is my own.

Horab Fibslager

yeah i totally agree.

and it was the first tiem i clued in that it might be when he died adn you said as such. if you don't post em here, post em over there. is till don;t knwo if it's fiction or not and don;t care. it's good writing.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: screwtape's aunt margaretyeah i totally agree.

and it was the first tiem i clued in that it might be when he died adn you said as such. if you don't post em here, post em over there. is till don;t knwo if it's fiction or not and don;t care. it's good writing.

It's fictionalized truth...ie, the absolute truth suffers for the sake of the story.

Problem is, I sit down to do a three part story about winding up in a Maxican jail overnight the night before last, and every asshole in the universe decides that I'm stupid enough to crib Thompson's most famous piece...based solely on the fact that it involved driving in the desert.  (this is the second time this thread was posted.  I had the first one erased after I became seriously pissed).

I'll post the second and third parts when I can.  I'm just not in the mood to write anymore, after that shit.