News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Too strange to survive, too strange to die.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, January 19, 2006, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

My Economics professor was a pothead.  A Libertarian pothead no less.  He would literally lecture with his eyes closed and nod off once in awhile.  Nice guy though.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: fnordiscordiaProbably not.

I'm not sure what, if anything, changed but the World War II generation seems to be grown up whereas the more recent generations seem to be in a state of permanent childhood. There are no rights of passage or trials by fire, we are all children. We're all soft and weak, myself included.

This is the correct namby pamby age.  We're the Generation X...we're cool and hip and trendy.  As much as I hate the man, Dr Victor Davis Hanson wrote a good book on the decline of the ideal of being a warrior in the west, how being a soldier is now seen as a vocation as opposed to a way of life and how that has affected modern life and politics.  It may be worth a read.

hooplala

Honestly I blame the new age parental teachings that the baby Boomers brought into vogue in the 70s and the 80s.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Cain

I blame it on not overthrowing the Government and then killing everyone who disagreed with us and turning north America into a modern version of Afghanistan where we used Baptists heads to play soccer...

but thats just me.

Besides, everyone is going to get drafted for Iran anyway.  Or Iraq at least, so the vets who still have limbs can go to Iran and lose them there.  Assuming someone decides military actions is needed.

Cain

Quote from: Baron von Hoopla
Quote from: mian tiao Fredmy economics teacher says he cant wait to watch our generation struggle when the economy crashes and we cant take care of ourselves

Good to know he's doing his job.

Mine always used to say to me I should become an arms dealer or pimp when I finished college.  He was right, too.

LMNO

AFK

Quote from: eroticNo, wait!

I remember now!

I believe this is the correct bumper sticker!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LHX

neat hell

Toots

Quote from: CainI blame it on not overthrowing the Government and then killing everyone who disagreed with us and turning north America into a modern version of Afghanistan where we used Baptists heads to play soccer...

but thats just me.

I'd like to throw my support behind this statement.
Also, to any smug economics teachers, I'd say--just wait until we bankrupt the social security systems and you have no pension, we'll all be laughing then.  :twisted:

::already assumes that she'll have to take of her retired arse on her own and is planning on becoming a drug dealing granny::
I'm laughing, but it's a laugh of impatience.

If you can take the hot lead enema, then you can cast the first stone[/b]
Lenny Bruce

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

If we are all doomed. Then we might as well play with our own nipples.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSCIf we are all doomed. Then we might as well play with our own nipples.

as usual, I am ahead of my time.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Donkeyotay

Read some Buckminster Fuller...He has a plan for all of humanity to make it

LHX

Quote from: DonkeyotayRead some Buckminster Fuller...He has a plan for all of humanity to make it

its called 'stop everything'
neat hell

Donkeyotay