Author Topic: Suu's Thread-Jack  (Read 105115 times)

Nast

• Deserved It
  • Impartial Biscuit Game Referee
    • View Profile
Re: Suu's Thread-Jack
« Reply #900 on: September 23, 2015, 06:56:54 am »
Where is Suu these days?  :argh!:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #901 on: September 23, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »
She's on Facebook, complaining about things.

SuuCal

• The Goddamn Industry Professional Who
  • Deserved It
  • Heartless and regal murderess of the intertubes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2016, 05:39:16 am »
I'm back-ish. Mostly came back  to read things now that I'm out of school and a professional bum again.

Here's some reason thread-jacks from motherfucking Byzantium.  The first is the physical component of my master's thesis, where I went into the inventory of an 11th Century patrician woman and recreated some of her garments based on extant artwork. It took translation from Middle Greek, but fuck you: Orange. That's one of the icons I'm done as well. St. Lucia (Loukia) of Syracuse. The most recent one I've done of the Archangel Gabriel was fucking killer, but anyways, pics.

http://i.imgur.com/L4uTZ73.jpg Not embedded because BIG.

And this is a 12th Century Byzantine ensemble based on the Eisiterion of Agnes of France from 1179. It's a story of how a 9 year old princess from France came to Constantinople and married the emperor, complete with Byzantine side-eye from the empress. I shit you not, it's fucking glorious. I want to take the image of the side-eyeing empress, transform it into a banner tattoo that says, "Byz, please!"

Oh, and the side-eye, the whole thing is kind of terrifyingly pedo, though, even if it was a standard practice:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LuciferX

• Metanoia
  • Deserved It
  • fripping moncrey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 25, 2016, 01:03:20 am »
Wow.  That patterning is really dope.
Hic Salta?
________
Constant Eso-Opthamologist of Elicited Stopped-Clock Illusions, brings it back, or sinners just repent______

Nast

• Deserved It
  • Impartial Biscuit Game Referee
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: Yesterday at 08:40:12 am »
Those patterns though!  :fap:
Were Sasanian pearl roundels a common motif in the Medieval West too? I know that they show up in Chinese and Japanese textiles from time to time. Silk Road and all that.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: Yesterday at 09:07:15 am »

Oh, and the side-eye, the whole thing is kind of terrifyingly pedo, though, even if it was a standard practice:

I'm going to refer to this as the first historic use of side-eye to dodgy behaviour.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.