Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 247 times)

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:10 pm »
I'm not really concerned about government over reach but there are examples of it occuring more and more frequently, my fear is the curated feeds allows for very specific narratives to be sent to a broad range of people, tailored against their profile. It's already being used to make people susceptable to buying specific kinds of products but it could very easily be hijacked for a method of widespread social control.

trix

• Chevy Caprice Trunk Inspector, Dead Hooker Department™
  • Outlandish
  • I GIGGLE WHEN I SHOULD CRY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 10:14:54 pm »
My fear is that Donald Trump is in charge of the United States.  Beyond that, almost everywhere dangerous, often exceptionally stupid and short-sighted assholes are in charge. The potential power in the hands of these dangerous assholes seems to be increasing exponentially.

Those in charge are ever the wrong sort to be in charge.

What gets my goat is we have an entire field of study dedicated to solving complex problems, full of highly trained extremely intelligent people with a high level of talent at solving complex problems.  We call them engineers.  But instead of giving them the power to solve the complex problems of government and managing people, we task them to build nukes and $600 robotic auto-cleaning cat litter boxes.  We give the role of governing our big nations to idiots with skill-sets that include reading speeches from a teleprompter and out-yelling the other guy, etc, and normally have very little problem-solving abilities or even the ability to use rational thinking.

Then again, given enough time and free reign, and these idiots will solve all of our problems, permanently.

But now I'm off topic.

Windows 10 is AIDS.  Don't do AIDS.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Frontside Back

• This text is clearly below
  • Known
  • This one down here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »
Been trying to make a habit out of messing with the AI. I actually managed to get my facebook ads in spanish by posting for a while though google translate. If everybody did this we could hurt its ability to get meaningful data out of people. Maybe implementing a bot to google random sentences while you are afk to drown the actual user input in noise or similar tactics could be used.

Oh well, I can't get general public behind this anyway, so AI will grow big and strong and soon control us all. Hope it won't find this message.
up/dn

The last trickster in the hivemind

a dud nuke