News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

This is like the One Line Meme Bomb thread... just post quick ideas, maybe a few of 'em will be awesome.

It's challenging to come up with plotlines that haven't been raped to death yet!

I started off brainstorming "movie ideas", but movies are very large... some of these might work better as short stories or sketches or something.

Computer Animated sperm undertake a magical journey on their way to personhood. This is a suspense drama because although all the sperm are on the same team, they're also in competition. Oh, and the sperm's personalities are modeled after the Ninja Turtles.

A guy working at a beer factory discovers a flaw he can use to get a truck full of free keg beer every weekend. He then goes on road trips, getting into crazy adventures and being the life of the party. But how can he go back to his boring factory job after having such bad ass weekends?

A guy is given three wishes. One wish later, he's the last man on earth. Still tons of women, though!

A ex-hippie scientist tries to invent the next LSD and accidentally invents a drug that gives him telepathy. Rather than keeping this a secret, he markets the hell out of it. Soon, nearly everybody in the country is a telepath. They try to outlaw the drug, but court rooms are now a total mess. Eventually it's taken back off the market, but now nobody can cope with not being able to read minds. So instead of building a better, happier world with LSD, he inadvertently turns it into a paranoid asylum.

In a world where you can learn new things by plugging hardware into your brain, disinformation trolling becomes a method of warfare. Fifty years later, the world is in a coma of disinformation. Everybody in the world holds wildly innacurate beliefs. An team of hackers / information scientists tries to liberate humanity from the blanket of delusion they've been living under. This is, of course, considered terrorism.

AFK

A young man from Saratoga Springs had a dream of becoming the next industrial metal superstar.  However, after joining the fabric of the local open-mic scene, he is quickly immersed in an alternate lifestyle filled with caffeine, noxema, and bad poetry.  By chance, a young woman passing through Saratoga Springs has a hankering for a latte and stops in during one of his performances.  She gives young Luke a total makeover and talks him into auditioning for American Idle.  In a bizarre twist, he falls in love with Randy Jackson and they run off to Mexico to raise ostriches and have lots of sex. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Actually, that last one of yours Cram was very similar to an idea of mine: of memetic police who oversee the noosphere and stop aberrant, cancerous tumours getting out of control.  Yours adds a mechanical twist I hadn't figured out for mine yet though.

I may run with that, because its hella cool.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
Actually, that last one of yours Cram was very similar to an idea of mine: of memetic police who oversee the noosphere and stop aberrant, cancerous tumours getting out of control.  Yours adds a mechanical twist I hadn't figured out for mine yet though.

I may run with that, because its hella cool.

:thanks:

another twist that occurs to me is that the heroic hackers are actually the delusional ones who have been targeted by actual terrorists.

Cramulus

Homeful: The movie follows the life of "extreme downshifters". Once, they were white collar slaves. Now they have chosen voluntary homlessness, considered "extreme downshifting". These homeless have to prove themselves in the world of the homeless, and do so by being more EXTREME. (in the day glo mountain dew snowboarding sort of way) You survive by eating rats? Oh yeah? I survive by eating turds!

They discover a law that says that if you live somewhere for five years, you can claim it as yours. So they move into an occupied mansion and try to live under the radar for five years. They're discovered, of course. But then the owners and the squatters have to team up to fight the town zoning committee, who wants the mansion replaced with an office building.

Happy ending: They beat the zoning committe by making the mansion a religious haven. The main character falls in love with the rich girl who owns the mansion. They start a commune-cult on the mansion property. Movie ends with corporate fatcats smoking crack with homeless people and everybody is all friendly.

Adios

A small private members only water skiing lake in Colorado which is located near a closed nuclear test site is inundated with a long buried and forgotten gene altering substance that turns a group of water skiers into a super race who realize that saving the world is useless and instead turn 95% of the planet into the ideal water skiing haven.

Pariah

Quote from: Cramulus on May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM
Computer Animated sperm undertake a magical journey on their way to personhood. This is a suspense drama because although all the sperm are on the same team, they're also in competition. Oh, and the sperm's personalities are modeled after the Ninja Turtles.

I think you could actually successfully market that to sex ed teachers around the country
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

DrShoggoth

An old redneck stands boots deep in a pond fishing, contemplating his son who has become some big city faggot. A fish bites and he engages in a protracted battle filled with throbbing homoerotic metaphors and undertones. Finally he catches the fish and looks over and sees an alien on the other side of the pond, watching him.

Fade out.
Dr. Shoggoth

Cain

He is a paranoid schizophrenic with expertise in Middle Eastern archeology and the Sumerian language.  She is his world-weary psychotherapist, bored of a life of treating the minor neuroses of trust-fund brats.  Together, they fight interdimensional crime!

DrShoggoth

Aliens go back in time and show a young Adolf Hitler how the world would be even worse if he didn't do the terrible things he's done, making him feel a moral obligation to fulfill his destiny. It turns out the aliens are playing a very sick practical joke on humanity.
Dr. Shoggoth

Cain

LMNO

A Daddy's boy with a C average fails at every business opportunity he tries.  He then becomes President of the USA.

Richter

A dashing secret agent overcomes incredible odds and gets horribly wounded stopping an evil plot to steal fissionable materials.
His triumph contains no fanfare or trips off with the love interest to screw on a  yacht.  There's only the bleak silence as ambulance sirens slowly approach and take him away.  He spends a week in the ICU listsening to machines and hospitals sounds why they try to re contruct his colon. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Everything falls apart, and no one does much of anything.

AFK

Bill, a now former Wall St. executive, is forced to take on a job with the city's sanitation department.  That's right, Bill has turned to a life of grime. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.