The Richard Nixon school of ballet and the arts / Re: OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars« on: Yesterday at 05:37:26 am »
Decent penis, though.
PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Decent penis, though.
It kinda still can. Because the box controls culture.
I live in Tucson. Culture is something that happens to other people. In places like Boston and Portland.
But they have shit like Kozy Shack, whatever the fuck that is, so I think I win.
I found another time cubey thing.
What, is this old home week or some shit?
A couple of mass shootings, a war or three, and suddenly everyone wants to come back to Discordia.
Also, this is not the place where those of us who do revolutionary shit get things done.
The sexual fustration extending from highschool well into college thing is interesting.
That plus a culture that encourages arrested development, deminished responsibility, while simultanously pushing that they are the protagonist...
Its going to increase, further.
I've expressed my views on gun ownership in the past, I see no valid reasons to own one and want to see reduction of availability. But I dont think it would make much difference in these cases.
Something cultural is going to have to change or its going to get worse.
In other words, I'm saying that being unable to get laid and the shootings are likely both byproducts of related factors.
A combination of a feeling of powerlessness, American gun culture, toxic, aggressive masculinity, and just for shits and giggles, white male privilege?
You know, for all the semi punk anti the machine TM discordianism, this group at least, isn't very revolutionary.
I completely don't buy the sexual frustration angle, either. While it's a very facile explanation, it isn't based on anything other than speculation and projection, and doesn't seem to have any historical analogues or really any other support whatsoever. I think it's about powerlessness, authority, and a sense of futility. I think it has something to do with the power and social dynamics inside schools.
I'm not sure the sexual angle can really be ruled out.
- White males predominantly seem to do this
- Eliot Rodger's explicit comments on being entitled to sex
- Oregon shooter apparently a virgin
- Who really wants to kill anyone when you're still high on sex oxytocins?
- I remember being a horrible little teenager with murder in my heart, and if I hadn't been getting laid, I'm not sure what I may have done with the handgun I smuggled to school one day in my JNCOs.
- In a patriarchal system, women are valuable as sex and status objects. So with the firm depressive belief that you will never have sex or status that you really want and having decided on being a cowardly little bitch that's going to kill himself anyway, you might as well try to score a few Man™ points by killing those assholes at school that ridicule you all the time when they aren't living their perfect, sheltered little lives.
- Sex as a rough indicator of social competency.
- Social competency as a key to your overall happiness as an ape
It is certainly well worth noting that the majority of adolescents, male and female, are sexually frustrated, many well into their college years, making it in itself a wholly inadequate explanation, however compelling it feels from an "I can relate to that" standpoint. It also implies that simply not getting laid is enough to make young men into mass murderers, and I would certainly like to give men more credit than that.
On the other hand, loneliness, isolation, powerlessness and rejection on a more holistic level are far more plausible as primary contributing factors.
Yeah. I'm also not keen on a narrative that implies that girls need to be getting boys laid or the school will get shot up.
Squat toilets were pretty much the second best thing about East Asia. The first best thing was GODDAMN HANDHELD BIDETS. Spraying your ass clean is the best. Goddamn best.
Also, you can't accidentally crap in the handheld bidets when you've been into the booze.