« on: July 13, 2014, 07:46:06 am »
I'd really like to post this on Facebook, but that would be undiplomatic so I'll post it here instead.
1. I'm not underestimating myself. My worries about my ability to tackle a challenge to my own standards are based in a realistic assessment of the degree of difficulty of the challenge, my own abilities, and the other demands of my day-to-day life. If I'm worried about being able to pull off a task I've set for myself, it's because it's fucking hard.
2. Related to #1, I do not suffer from impostor syndrome. Bitch, please. I can't even. What are you talking about. However, I do frequently push the limits of my capabilities, because how the fuck else would I improve myself?
3. I don't have a poor body image. The fact that I'm aware that I'm 20 pounds overweight, far from Barbie-Doll looks, and not as pretty as I was when I was 25 doesn't mean I'm somehow unaware that I'm nonetheless blessed in the aesthetic department.
4. I don't give any fucks if you disagree. In fact, I secretly think you're just saying that because of your own insecurities. I won't try to appearance-shame you back, though, because I'm better than that. I also don't think that being fuckable is the best thing I have to offer the world, and it's not the best thing you have to offer the world, either. Even if you are kind of an idiot.
5. Which brings me to my last point, which is that if you are trying to exploit some kind of perceived weakness in my self-image regarding my competency or appearance, you're not only an asshole, you're an idiot. I'll probably forgive you, though, because stupid people are worthy of compassion and my one real, vulnerable insecurity is the fear that I am insufficiently compassionate.
I'm working on that, though.